VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    What options need to be set to output high definition audio like TrueHD and DTS-HD from Daum PotPlayer?

SOLUTION:

Originally Posted by c627627 View Post
    Temporarily enable multi-channel / high definition audio playback:

*Warning*: Remember to set Pass-through to DISABLE after you finish (and select 2.0 Speakers) again, or else audio on some files will not work so I would not set this permanently, only temporarily to watch a file with High Definition Audio:

F5 > Click on + next to Filter Control > Click on Audio Decoder > [On lower center] Click on Button that says: Built-in Audio Codec/Pass-through Settings >
    On the right, under Pass-through (S/PDIF, HDMI) > SELECT: Default Pass-through Muxer for each option [AC3, EAC3, TRUEHD, DTS, DTS-HD...] > OK > OK.

This additional step is actually necessary:

F5 > Click on Audio > [on the right] Speakers > Select your Speakers [do not select not "Same as input" for speakers because outside "input" may not be the same as your number of speakers!] >
    [below Speakers there is the option for] Output >
    Pass-through after AC-3 re-encoding
    or
    Pass-through after DTS re-encoding

*Warning*: Remember to set Pass-through to DISABLE after you finish (and select 2.0 Speakers) again, or else audio on some files will not work so I would not set this permanently, only temporarily to watch a file with High Definition Audio.
    Last edited by c627627; 17th Feb 2022 at 02:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. Would you help me figure out what to do, here's what I did so far:

Copied both dtsdecoderdll.dll and Microsoft.VC90.CRT file to C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Module

Then I started DAUM PotPlayer > F5 > Filter Control > Audio Decoder > Built-in Codec Settings >

Now which of these needs to be changed to what and is there an additional file to be downloaded to get a TrueHD output too (and is the directory I placed it in correct)?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PotPlayerDecoders.png
Views:	5919
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	34576  

Quote Quote  
  3. Image
    [Attachment 34578 - Click to enlarge]

No idea about TrueHD and I am not sure DTS works since you are using 64-Bit PotPlayer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. You are correct. That screenshot only shows up in 32-Bit version.
    After installing the 32-Bit version and selecting it however, DTS-HD is still not being output so something else needs to be also switched I am guessing?

I got no search hits on TrueHD so it appears that TrueHD cannot be used through Daum PotPlayer then?

But if you have any ideas on what to modify to see DTS-HD please post...
    Last edited by c627627; 27th Feb 2018 at 23:54.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I might be wrong, but shouldn't you tick Enable Pass Through (S/PDIF, HDMI) in Built-in Audio Decoder Configuration and choose from drop-down menu whatever works for you for TrueHD and DTS-HD?

Or check this thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/369768-Bitstreaming-DTS-HD-MA-with-lav-filter-potplayer

Edit: what version of PotPlayer are you using? It's worth to try latest beta. It's usually OK plus has new features.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    EDITED in 2022:

After all these years, I finally got around to figuring this out, particularly since applying any 2018 Windows Update on any version of Windows, destroys software Blu-ray players such as Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre which no longer work on any Windows version updated in 2018 or later.

*Warning*: Remember to set Pass-through to DISABLE after you finish (and select 2.0 Speakers) again, or else audio on some files will not work so I would not set this permanently, only temporarily to watch a file with High Definition Audio:

F5 > Click on + next to Filter Control > Click on Audio Decoder > [On lower center] Click on Button that says: Built-in Audio Codec/Pass-through Settings >
    On the right, under Pass-through (S/PDIF, HDMI) > SELECT: Default Pass-through Muxer for each option [AC3, EAC3, TRUEHD, DTS, DTS-HD...] > OK > OK.

F5 > Click on Audio > [on the right] Speakers > Select your Speakers [do not select not "Same as input" for speakers because outside "input" may not be the same as your number of speakers!] >
    or

*Warning*: Remember to set Pass-through to DISABLE after you finish (and select 2.0 Speakers) again, or else audio on some files will not work so I would not set this permanently, only temporarily to watch a file with High Definition Audio.

===========

dtsdecoderdll.dll is no longer necessary on modern versions of Daum PotPlayer but for old versions of Daum PotPlayer:
    dtsdecoderdll.dll only works with 32-Bit PotPlayer, it does not work under 64-Bit PotPlayer.

There is no need to install LAVFilters.

You can directly use the dtsdecoderdll.dll with PotPlayer (as of v1.5.46096) or LAV Audio Decoder for decoding DTS or DTS HD [Lossless] streams.

Copy dtsdecoderdll.dll and the related .CRT folder (otherwise it will not run if the related Visual C++ Redistributable package is not installed on the system) into base folder of the programs.
    Or you can simply copy them to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\DAUM\PotPlayer\Module

To activate it in PotPlayer, select it from F5 > Filter Control > Audio Decoder > Button that says: Built-in Audio Codec/Pass-through Settings > DTS > dtsdecoderdll.dll

> [on the right, under Pass-through (S/PDIF, HDMI) > SELECT: Default Pass-through Muxer for all.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I just saw this since I'm planning to use Potplayer to bitstream DTS-HD and TrueHD movies through our Home Theater setup. I just want to clarify that there will be no need for me to setup the dtsdecoderdll.dll since my Potplayer is updated: v1.7.14804 64-bit?

Also, no need to change anything on the Audio Decoder side? My default is to use "Built-in Decoder." And lastly (sorry), do I need to set the Audio Renderer and Passthrough Renderer to WASAPI?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Things change, all we can do is see if you post if instructions in the post above yours can get you high definition audio with the latest version of Daum PotPlayer.

You should not need to do anything extra - you're in a good position to verify if instructions still work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another four years later, I finally bought a 2022 Receiver and was able to test all this properly.

What options need to be set to output high definition audio like TrueHD and DTS-HD from Daum PotPlayer?

SOLUTION:

Originally Posted by c627627 View Post

or

Quote Quote