VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to make a 1080i HD DVD from my photos(digital still camera) to play on my LCD TV or Plasma display that cn accept 1080i input. I will play the DVD on a Samsung HD938 DVD player that has got 1080i output.
    Pls. advise.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can not author 1080 on a dvd-video. Max frame size (resolution) is 720x480/576.

But if your samsung supports jpg stills it should be possible to just put high resolution jpgs on a dvd or a cd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried recording some high res pictures on Cd-roms, but picture quality produced on the lcd tv is worse than my pc lcd monitor. The Samsung DVD player can output 1080i signal and the TV can also accept 1080i singals. What sort of resolution must I record the photos in on the CD-rom? I tried 1920 x 1080.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can I record 1080i signal, ie. 'coverted' by Mainconcept or Canopus from DV to 1080i on a PC harddisk and playback to the TV from the PC?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes, if you PC has DVI out and your TV has DVI in, or if you TV has VGA in, and your VGA card supports a res that high.

Not much point though, DV is only 720x480/576 same as DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Create a Premiere project that is 1920x1080. Create your slideshow and encode it using Windows Media 9. In the future, HD DVD's will play this, but until then, you will have to play the file from your computer to your TV via DVI. It will look great!

A link to the Windows Media 9 High Definition Sample Showcase:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/content_provider/film/ContentShowcase.aspx
    dj matty b
    Quote Quote  
  7. Can I try to encode my digital photos with higher resolution than 1920 x 1080? I will try to download those demo files and also try to encode some photos with windows media 9.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, 1920x1080 is the highest resolution that a TV will go these days. There really isn't any point to going higher than 1080 HD, unless you will only be watching the video on a computer monitor at something like 1600x1200.
    dj matty b
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi, Sorry, I did not make myself clear the last time. I want to make use of my still digital photos that has got higher than 1920 x 1080 and resize them to 1920 x 1080 to make a good demo disk.
    I tried encoding them with the windows media 9 encoder from microsoft media site but the result is very disappointing. Any other way to encode?
    I downloaded the 'demo clips' of 1080i windows media 9 files and they are good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    then you probably used the wrong settings. try again.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Will try again and post results
    Quote Quote