VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi - Newbie help please

I have been trying for days to get sound and searched for advice but no help. Someone recommended this place so hopefully someone on here can advise.

I have connected my laptop to my lcd tv to try and watch avi/divx movies. I have perfect picture and can use the tv as a monitor, but cannot get any sound at all. I have connected using a vga cable and a 3.5mm jack to audio for sound. The audio jack is in the headphone socket of the laptop and the audio red and white are in the tv audio inputs. If I put headphones into the laptop I get the sound but cant get anything from the tv??? Do I need to do anything on my tv?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers
    D
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you been able to get audio from the sound inputs on the tv from some other source?
    Have you checked the sound input settings on the tv? It could be disabled. Read the tv manual.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Also make sure the audio outputs are going to the same audio inputs as the video. Otherwise the audio could be going to a different input then the video.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks folks

I am able to get sound from other sources such as my dvd player by using similar cabling so I im sure that no audio menu is disabled. I ahve also run through the instruction book but there is nothing relevant. I have checked the other channels incase the audio is going to another source but the movie audio is not on any other channel?? I have also tried the audio cable in all the other audio connections on the tv but still no sound?

Really confused
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just sorted hanks anyway...

I had to use a 3.5 to 3.5 jack for the audio rather thn the jack to phono.

cheers anyway
    Quote Quote