VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    This may be a little difficult to explain, but in the past I've seen 120mm (5 inch) CD's that only have a writable area of 80mm. The extra 40mm is just clear plastic. It makes for very cool disc art since part of the disc is clear. Does anyone know of any CD-R's or DVD-R's like that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I believe what you are looking for are NONE FULL FACE PRINTABLE disks...
    Like These

Just about all online media stores sell them....
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, I believe he's after more something like this:

http://www.aprmedia.com/product.php?pid=1572

This is the closest example I can find. Look at the picture, and imaging the business card shape is a 12cm CD instead. See the recordable area ? There is another circle after that which is what the rest of the the 12cm disc would look like if the manufacturer hadn't stamped out the rectangular shape.

I haven't seen this type of disc in a very long time. They were popular a few years back when CD singles came on 8cm discs and you could get a snap on adaptor so you could play them on vertical loading "ghetto blasters" that needed a full size disc. They looked funky but evidently didn't sell, but the advent of MP3 players and some digital cameras for example means the 8cm variant has found a new lease of life... but as an 8cm disc, not a full size one with anorexia.

Good luck in your hunt... but I wouldn't hold your breath. What a waste of polycarbonate... !

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks guys. I think you're probably right. I don't think I'll be able to find them. But it was worth asking anyway just in case.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Roxics, Check your in box for a source.
    Quote Quote