VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Probably a silly question, but is all firewall ports the same? I have a system with an old sound card. And no firewire. I'm upgrading to a Sound Blaster Audigy, for purely audio reasons. And I was planning on adding a firewire card. But the SB Audigy includes firewire....

SB1394™ Connectivity
    IEEE® 1394 / FireWire® / i-Link® compatible interface with up to 400Mbps transfer rate
    Is that just as good as a firewire card? I assume it's all the same. I just found it odd that a sound card would have a firewire port?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Seems like I saw a few posts where members were using the firewire port on this card with no problems. Should work fine. You could do a forum search for posts. Most (not all) firewire cards are the same. I don't think you will have a problem with the Audigy card. Not sure why firewire is on a video card, but it sound like a good deal.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have the Sound Blaster Audigy for 2 years and it works perfect for me. My Sony digital camera is connected throught FireWire port and have no problems with it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have the Sound Blaster Audigy for 2 years and it works perfect for me.
    Me too. I have a WD 120 gig HD jacked thru mine with no problems.
    Geronimo
    Quote Quote  
  5. The firewire on my Audigy unit also works fine. I have an Audigy Platinum Ex with the external box.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have Audigy 1 and 2
    in different boxes.. Each has several hard drives daisy chained and I've added my DAZZLE from time to time too..no hub neeeded
    Quote Quote  
  7. Guest
    Awesome thanks for the input gang. Looks like I should be all set!
    Quote Quote