VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. For me, Chrome won't download files large than 2 GB. What can be done to solve this problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you tried another browser? this would isolate it to a browser problem or website.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or even a storage format issue
    Quote Quote  
  4. Stream Video Downloader, for Chrome, is the only thing that will work for some sites. If the download is larger than 2 GB, it is corrupted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So, again, what are you downloading these files to storage wise ? And what is the format of it FAT, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS etc. ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. A 4 TB drive, .mp4 format.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm not sure why you are asking this question in this forum. A simple Google search turns up lots of answers. Most seem to recommend using a plugin (or addin, or whatever Chrome calls them) that is specifically designed for downloads.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ Well the OP is actually using an addin >> Reply #4

Maybe the addin has a download limit and these downloaders are typically just for short clips. 'Large >> 2 gb files suggest movies and HD at that.

Maybe I also misjudge and the OP has the right to download but he should also read the forum rules about 'rentals' and if that is the case then help ends here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ^^ Well the OP is actually using an addin >> Reply #4
    Thanks. I missed that.

Maybe try a different add-in?
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jastavoss@msn.com View Post
    For me, Chrome won't download files large than 2 GB. What can be done to solve this problem?
    Stop using Chrome. But if you can't live without the Safari-like interface, give a try to Chromium itself, or to Opera, or to Vivaldi. This latter has improved a lot, it suxxx much less than it sucked in the beginning.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you check the Chrome website (reviews) there are others that are having the same problem with 2gig files with this add-in, so dump it and get something else.
    Quote Quote