VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I recently hooked up my TV to my Video card via a VIVO cable, which is an SVideo cable that splits into RCA jacks as well as other SVideo plugs(not sure what those are for). Now when streaming Video files to my TV there is a visible horizontal line that travels up the TV screen. It doesn't really bother me but I was wondering why this is caused. Thanks, and sorry for the poor description.

*Sorry for misspelling VIVO*
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No idea what you hooked up from that description. Draw us a picture?

But, horizontal line running up the picture indicates crosstalk from two or more video sources free running at different vertical frequency rates.

To find the offender, turn off equipment one by one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The thing came with my Video card. Heres a pic of it: http://www.viperlair.com/images/reviews/video/asus/r4xx/ax800xl/bobplas_bg.jpg

On that box that my videocard came with they call it a "9-Pin S-Video to Composite VIVO Cable"

The SVideo end plugs into my SVideo out on my videocard, and then from the box part of the thing run two RCA cables(Yellow and White) into my TVs RCA jacks. Also hooked up to that TV I have an Antenna, so perhaps that is the problem? Thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cloud101
    The thing came with my Video card. Heres a pic of it: http://www.viperlair.com/images/reviews/video/asus/r4xx/ax800xl/bobplas_bg.jpg

On that box that my videocard came with they call it a "9-Pin S-Video to Composite VIVO Cable"

The SVideo end plugs into my SVideo out on my videocard, and then from the box part of the thing run two RCA cables(Yellow and White) into my TVs RCA jacks. Also hooked up to that TV I have an Antenna, so perhaps that is the problem? Thx
    Is this your card?
    http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=567&cid=2

The 9 pin plug should be connected to the Asus card, the composite yellow (out) should plug into the TV and the S-Video should not be used unless you have a S-Video input on your TV. Audio probably comes off the sound card. The article seems to have a different cable than you describe.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have the Asus X800XL, not XT. I did remove the Antenna cable from my TV and the line problem dissappeared Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How can I post my question? I have very strange problem and I need help. I hooked up my TV to my Video card. I can see everything until I trying to play movie. On my computer monitor I can srr it, but on TV - no video?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cloud101
    I recently hooked up my TV to my Video card via a VIVO cable, which is an SVideo cable that splits into RCA jacks as well as other SVideo plugs(not sure what those are for). Now when streaming Video files to my TV there is a visible horizontal line that travels up the TV screen. It doesn't really bother me but I was wondering why this is caused.
    It's probably a ground loop problem.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by adinamov
    How can I post my question? I have very strange problem and I need help. I hooked up my TV to my Video card. I can see everything until I trying to play movie. On my computer monitor I can srr it, but on TV - no video?
    You have to enable TV output and Overlay using your video card's configuration applets.
    Quote Quote  
  9. This page intentionally left blank.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have RADEON X300 Video card.
    I think my TV output enabled. But if not - how I can Overlay it using your video card's configuration applets? Where to go?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Right click on the desktop, select Properties. On the Display Properties dialog select the Settings tab. Press the Advanced button. On the Radeon Properties dialog you want to check all the settings on the Overlay and Displays tabs. I recommend using Theater mode if you can.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You genius. It works. I spend hours with Dell support - no success.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Glad to hear you got it all worked out. I updated my system to a newer version of the Catalyst drivers and everything is different!
    Quote Quote  
  14. This is a dumb question I know, but I need it answered. I just bought a Geforce 6200 with vga,DVI and hdtv outputs. The card came with a s-video cord, hdtv cord and box, and a vga to dvi converter. Ok, so if I want to hook up this card to my TV and play movies, which btw isn't HDTV ready, do I:

A. Buy a long s-video cord?
    B. Move the computer to the TV room?
    C. Something else?

My second question. This card supports 2 monitors from what I understand. Do I hook up the 2 monitors to this one card? Or use 2 video cards to do this?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  15. You can run s-video 25 to 50 feet with a decent cable.

You can hook up two monitors to the one card. I'm not sure if you can do two monitors and a TV though.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thanks for in the info.
    Quote Quote