TV: Sony KDL-40S2000 (40” LCD HDTV)
Video card: EVGA 7800 GT (2 DVI outputs &composite/component/s-video)
TV and computer operating in clone mode; computer is primary
Fullscreen enabled on secondary display

I’m currently experiencing a strange problem. When I run video from my DVI out into the HDMI input of my TV, I’m not able to play videos. I normally play a lot of MPEG/AVI/Real videos from my computer on to the TV, but it just won’t work with DVI. Windows and even games seem to work fine, but the videos just aren’t working. I’ve tried using Winamp/Media player/ VLC player. When I play a video using winamp, I see the regular small video display box on the TV without any video. It should be going to full screen but the overlay function doesn’t seem to be working. When I disable “hardware overlay” in the winamp options, I can see the video playing on the TV and I can even get full screen by going to full screen mode on my computer. The problem with this is that I’m not able to use my computer for anything else because I have to stay in full screen. I’m sure that I could use component, but I really want to use DVI if possible and I don’t want to purchase another really long video cable...ehhh. Any help would be greatly appreciated

*Note : Everything works properly when I use the composite output from my video card, it’s just the second DVI connection that doesn’t seem to work. I can’t understand why games would work, but the video full screen doesn’t. Using NVIDIA 8.1.9.5 driver. There's also no option for theatre mode with NVIDIA. The option is making the secondary device fullscreen, this worked properly with composite video but not with the DVI....WHY????

64X2 4400+, 2 GB corsair mem, 7800GT, Creative X-fi xtreme, raptor 150GB, ASUS A8N-sli premium, antec truepowerII 550watt

Thanks