VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hello everyone, i used Easy VCD and this guide (http://www.angelfire.com/ex2/mgvcd/index.html) to rip my DVD to a VCD, i followed all the specifications, but i end up with a BIN and CUE which equals about 780 MB. my question is, how do i burn this onto a standard 700 MB CD, what burning program do i use? thanks
    Wow! You got shocks, pegs... LUCKY!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ reboot

ok i have CloneCD, but i need to burn a BIN/CUE, i see that it only accepts CCD, what do i do...? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Nero Burning Rom, VCDEasy, Xduplicator, CDRDao to mention. You mistake is probably that you want to burn a file. You must burn CD image and point the applcation to the .cue file.
    Oops, sorry it seems you make everything right. Also CDburnerXP I think. Or maybe CDMage to convert it to ISO and burn with DVDDecrypter. Maybe CDMage can convert even to CCD, well I don't know.
    BTW XDuplicator is an front end to CDRDao.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks everyone, i used CDRWin to burn the VCD, it was pretty easy, the trial version one. so thanks again.

i do however have another request. now that i have a BIN/CUE, how can i add chapters to the file, and burn that to a VCD? can i just type in the chapter information into the CUE file, or do i have to physically change the BIN, and if so, how do i change the BIN...? thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Chapter must be set before creating the cue/bin. Never used EasyVCD, so I can't say for sure, but it ought to support chapter points.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok thanks, is there a program u know of that can create chapter points and output a BIN/CUE?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It has been a while since I used EasyVCD, but I think you can just create the mpeg1 file. Load this into VCDEasy and it will let you add chapter points. You can then used VCDEasy to create and burn the bin/que files. I believe that there is a freeware version of VCDEasy available.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, that will work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VCDEasy. But that's not a one click wonder application - it's a dedicated app for authoring (S)VCD.
    Of course, you could create your cue/bin with EasyVCD, extract the mpg with VCDGear, reauthor mpg with VCDEasy, but that seems like a roundabout way...

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    when creating the image, VCDEasy looks like this, is it anything to be concerned about?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks fine. These warnings are just that - warnings. But the audio bit rate seems to be completely wrong - is there anything special about the audio stream that you know?

/Mats
    PS! You're a brave man - taking screen shots in the middle of a CD burn process DS
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    seems to be an off spec vcd with 128bit audio

to add chapters just use vcdeasy to extract the mpg then add chapters and reburn with vcdeasy
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    PS! You're a brave man - taking screen shots in the middle of a CD burn process DS
    But it seems it is at CD image creation still.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Abond
    But it seems it is at CD image creation still.
    Ah - correct!

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by skip2mylou
    thanks everyone, i used CDRWin to burn the VCD, it was pretty easy, the trial version one. so thanks again.

i do however have another request. now that i have a BIN/CUE, how can i add chapters to the file, and burn that to a VCD? can i just type in the chapter information into the CUE file, or do i have to physically change the BIN, and if so, how do i change the BIN...? thanks
    Originally Posted by www.eazyvcd.tk F.A.Q.
    Does Eazy VCD support chapters?
    Yes, but only when outputting to a BIN/CUE image.
    (NOTE: chapters will only work in your DVD Player if you have PCB turned on.
    Please see your DVD manual about how to turn PCB on and off)
    I dunno why you're messing around with trying to insert chapters, when your BIN/CUE should already have them
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    so im not brave... , jk lol.

anyways, how can i just output the bin with chapters onto my comp and record later instead of burning right away with VCDEasy. i would prefer to output the BIN/CUE with VCDEasy and burn with a different program.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You don't need to use VCDEasy at all, dude. EazyVCD when output to BIN/CUE mode, automatically includes the chapter points, so all you have to do is burn them at your leisure.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no it didn't. when i used EazyVCD to rip my DVD files to BIN/CUE, i later burned it and there were no chapter points.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko

Originally Posted by www.eazyvcd.tk F.A.Q.
    Does Eazy VCD support chapters?
    Yes, but only when outputting to a BIN/CUE image.
    (NOTE: chapters will only work in your DVD Player if you have PCB turned on.
    Please see your DVD manual about how to turn PCB on and off)
    I dunno why you're messing around with trying to insert chapters, when your BIN/CUE should already have them
    IM SORRY Jimmalenko, i am probably wrong, it might be the PCB thingy
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    no it didn't. when i used EazyVCD to rip my DVD files to BIN/CUE, i later burned it and there were no chapter points.
    Was that on your computer or on your DVD Player ? As the FAQ mentions above, you need PCB turned on on your DVD Player for the chapters to work, and I know from experience that BIN/CUE does definitely put the chapters in, so ...
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    once again u were correct, i went thru my dvd player's setting and guess what was turned off, yep. i turned it on and all is well, thanks so much. i guess my questin has been answered.

thanks again to ANYBODY who lent advice, it was much appreciated, much thanks for putting up with my NEWBIE-NESS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [rhetorical]omg do problems ever stop happening? [/rhetorical]

i played the VCD on my standalone, and the freakin thing is SOOO choppy, like absolutely no fluidity, is there anyway to fix this, is it my DVD player or the Disk??
    Quote Quote