VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey.
    anyone recommend on any method ? I saw many guides around here , and I was confused , dunno which one to test .. btw , I wanna also add subtitles ... anyone can Help please ?

Thanks all. :P
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    dvd2svcd, you can add swithable subs.
    https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=603#603 (instead of avi source select dvd source)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's been a while since I've used it, but use the SVCD compatible setting for subtitles in dvd2svcd. Almost nothing supports CVD subtitles. Some standalone DVD players won't play any format subtitles in SVCD, others like the Philips DVP-642 will do weird things like only play the first subtitle it finds and not allow you to turn it off or choose another subtitle stream
    Finally, when I used to make SVCDs, I had some weird problems where if I tried to burn a BIN/CUE image, I could not get my Apex DVD player to recognize the subtitles at all. However, if I burned the video file that had subtitles muxed in using the SVCD template in Nero and not the BIN/CUE file, it would play the subtitles fine. The downside of using Nero is that you can't set entry points (chapters) with it, but dvd2svcd creates them in BIN/CUE images. So I had a problem where I could either have working entry points or working subtitles, but not both That problem may be specific to my old Apex player, so I'm just mentioning it as a possible problem you may (or may not) see.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DVD2SVCD, now there's an excellent program. Studying the log file it creates and investigating why it does each step and what these accomplish was the best tutorial I ever used.
    Quote Quote