VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Using the latest tsMuxeR GUI, I'm trying to add subtitles to a ripped blu-ray file. I get continuous "Bad SEI detected, SEI too short" errors. It gets about 90% through the process and then stops, saying "too many errors".

Could someone please explain what this error means and suggest what I might do to eliminate it? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Supplemental enhancement information (SEI) messages can contain various types of data that indicate the timing of the video pictures or describe various properties of the coded video or how it can be used or enhanced. SEI messages are also defined that can contain arbitrary user-defined data. SEI messages do not affect the core decoding process, but can indicate how the video is recommended to be post-processed or displayed.
    see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Video_Coding
    Looks like there is something not standard about your ripped blu-ray file. Some corruption, which might not cause issues during playback, back kind of breaks the file.

Remuxing with mkvmerge or ffmpeg might help, if direct remuxing does not help extracting the raw streams and remuxing them might help.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote