VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have a HD WMV file that has 5.1 channel audio. i want to convert it to an avi file with 5.1 audio, but the methods i've tried (vdubmod, tmpgenc) convert the 5.1 to stereo. how can i do this correctly?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Flick should get your WMV to a DVD folder retaining your 5.1
    AutoGK should get that folder to an xvid avi retaining your 5.1
    Assuming your after and xvid avi.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Instead of doing 2 conversions (costing more time and losing more quality), I suggest that you use virtualdub 1.7.7 with the wmv plugin.

If the WMV is VC-1 encoded you have to enable VC-1 in the ffdshow VFW settings.

[s:f4c1333fe5] If the file is not VC-1 encoded Avidemux can process this too [/s:f4c1333fe5] EDIT: sorry, Avidemux cannot process 6 channel windows media audio. However, virtualdub can.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm working with the virtualdub method, but it gives me an error: no audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format. according to the creator of the video, it's ac3. i have ac3 filter installed, so it should work, no? when i try to full process the video with direct stream copy on the audio, the audio is really choppy.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Searching for knowledge. trodas's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have the same problem. Cursed WMV and audio decoding.

No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format.
    (source format tag: 0161)
    If the cursed VirtualDub could actually allow me to save the audio stream, like the VDub Mod does (but he did not allow importing WMV, damn M$!) I would gladly decode and re-encode it externally, but... What now? FFD audio decode? I tried, no help.

So, GSpot says "Audio Codec..: 0x0161 (WMA v2)
    Audio Bitrate: 191kbps 2ch VBR 48000Hz"
    Windows Media Audio 9.2 - now where to get the decompressor for Virtual Dub? Anyone know? Please, help!
    "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway :) my config
    Quote Quote  
  6. Searching for knowledge. trodas's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone know, what to do with this file:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/88592455/sound1.zip
    ...so a nice WMV file come out of it?
    "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway :) my config
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i'm working with the virtualdub method, but it gives me an error: no audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format. according to the creator of the video, it's ac3. i have ac3 filter installed, so it should work, no?
    I presume VirtualDub requires the AC3 ACM decompressor.

Windows Media Audio 9.2 - now where to get the decompressor for Virtual Dub?
    How about the WMV9 Video Compression Manager package
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    trodas wrote:

Anyone know, what to do with this file:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/88592455/sound1.zip
    Possibilities:

1) Not a real wma file;

2) Not wrapped in an ASF container;

3) DRM-protected stuff
    Quote Quote  
  9. Searching for knowledge. trodas's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Midzuki -
    I presume VirtualDub requires the AC3 ACM decompressor. lightbulb.gif
    Only to deal with AC3. But I installed it anyway.

How about the WMV9 Video Compression Manager package?
    You mean this one? http://www.codecguide.com/windows_media_codecs.htm

1) Not a real wma file
    Nonsense!

2) Not wrapped in an ASF container
    True, it is raw stream...

3) DRM-protected stuff
    I can play it in BSplayer well, so, nope. In the end, AsfBin program helped me to get the ASF sound from the file, AlltoMP3 program helped me to decode it to WAV and Lame I used to encode it back to mp3 and then MP3Gain ws used to get it to the standard 89dB volume
    And then I just encoded it! 8)

Soon this all will be obsolete. There is beta 0.3 of DirectShow input for VirtualDub:
    http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=15093
    ...so basicaly anything you play CAN BE opened in VirtualDub, tough saved only using the Full Processing mode, but what the hell..

Now I just looking in the problem with the resize AND placing the video on top and not in center of the letterboxed video for YouTube image... To have the black space all down there for the subtitles... Any suggestions for filter that can help me out there?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    trodas wrote:

Yep.

Nonsense!
    IMHO, actual nonsense is to create a raw WMA file without giving a damn
    about the fact that most applications are unable to deal with it. Another nonsense
    is to prefer the ASF container to the AVI one. Or to believe that Windows Movie Maker
    is a good application (I am NOT referring to yourself, evidently)

Now I just looking in the problem with the resize AND placing the video on top and not in center of the letterboxed video for YouTube image... To have the black space all down there for the subtitles... Any suggestions for filter that can help me out there?
    Avisynth's "AddBorders()" can give you what you're looking for.

EDIT:

In the end, AsfBin program helped me to get the ASF sound from the file,
    Lucky you. Over here AsfBin cannot open the file "sound1.wma".

Soon this all will be obsolete.
    Generally speaking, Microsoft's stupid creations have always been obsolete.
    The only problem is, most people like to believe otherwise.
    Quote Quote