VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have used a JVC GYHD201 for many years as photographic support with the fire service. For years SD served me fine, but now everyone needs HD. This camera, I thought when I bought it was a bit "future proof" with the HD 720 25 option. However, I cant capture HD 720 25 footage with the sound and audio in sync. JVC cant help, just said to buy new camera!!! (No budget).
    I have tried capturing in Premiere elements 7, adobe premiere pro CS4 and C6 pro, and HDV split. Any ideas? Sound seems to fall behind, so in say a 10 min edited clip there will be no sound for the last 30 seconds or so.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by E Howland; 6th Sep 2017 at 05:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Never mind.
    Last edited by LMotlow; 5th Sep 2017 at 21:38.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Never mind.
    Why post..

"720/25 might be HD, but it's not BluRay or AVCHD compliant. Maybe that's why people suggest a new camera. Or get a used one that can shoot compliant HD formats. The allowed formats for BluRay compliant HD at 1280x720 are 720/50 (PAL), 720/59.94 (NTSC), 720/24, or 720/23.976. https://www.videohelp.com/hd#tech

Using an editor for HD capture is nonsense. HD is copied, not captured."

And then delete it with "never mind"?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Because the specs I referred to are for the JVC GYHD201, but you said you're using a JVC JYHD201, which I never heard of. In this forum a post can be changed but not removed.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  5. GY HD 201.... phone auto correct changed it!

Even though, just can't capture or copy hd 720 25 footage to pc keeping sound and audio in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    How about posting a MediaInfo readout on an example file.
    Quote Quote