VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I have a couple of MP4 files from my dashcam and there not playing. I have tried them in VLC and nothing happens. I tried loading them into a videofile info program and nothing shows up and video repair didn’t help. Any idea what I can do?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Deltaechocharlie View Post
    Hello

I have a couple of MP4 files from my dashcam and there not playing. I have tried them in VLC and nothing happens. I tried loading them into a videofile info program and nothing shows up and video repair didn’t help. Any idea what I can do?
    Download mediainfo and use it to open the files. If they're recognized as media files, it will give
    info on the video and audio streams.

If the files are not too big, you can upload them to the forum here, somebody will take a look
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by Deltaechocharlie View Post
    Hello

Download mediainfo and use it to open the files. If they're recognized as media files, it will give
    info on the video and audio streams.

If the files are not too big, you can upload them to the forum here, somebody will take a look
    Thanks

Nothing shows up in mediainfo

I have uploaded one of the files
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you also upload a working file captured from the same device.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mediainfo reports neither audio nor video in that file. Nothing you can do except to look at the setup for your dashcam and try to make adjustments.
    Quote Quote