VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All

i have a Sony RDR-HX720
    i would like to buy a nice surround sound system which i can use it along with the Sony Recorder
    I know there are HTB which comes as a package
    as i was interested in the recorder i forgot about the surround sound
    Let me know something i could use along with this recorder.

Thanks
    Abdul
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would stick with Sony personally. I have a 5.1 fiber optic surround from around '01 or '02 I think and it still works just fine. It's a non-hdmi model though.

I am not sure what type of system the RDR is but I'd recommend looking for a surround with HDMI inputs. Even though the specs aren't finalized yet they may be backwards compatible.....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are not limited to anything in particular. Any system or components that you want to use will work.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    I am not sure what type of system the RDR is but I'd recommend looking for a surround with HDMI inputs. Even though the specs aren't finalized yet they may be backwards compatible.....
    The RDR-HX720 is a DVD/HDD recorder. SD, no upscaling, so no HDMI (similar to the RDR-HX510 which I own). It has coaxial digital audio out, so should have no problem with current and previous gen audio receivers.
    Quote Quote