VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well the big thing is getting these .SUB's converted. I need a program that can handle sonverting them to .SRT

I tried Subresync but it keeps asking for whole words, I almost have to transcribe the whole script. Yes I fiddled with the settings, nothing seems to have changed.

Anyone recomend a program?

If its permissable and anyone wants to take a look at the subs I can get them hosted no prob.

1st sub: http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1URLLGXQZ8YBQ1RX7VUZCO1N40
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Arrgh same prob dude! lol I need a program which can convert .sub to .srt!

Subresync is from vobsub right? Yeah it sucks that you gotta retype the whole thing...or almost the whole of it. *Faints*

Subtitle workshop is a good one though but it seems that it can't load .sub files. I suspect it's the microsub that it can't open...

Cannot be vobsub subs cos then there'll be the .idx which I don't have.

So...can anyone help pls?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    subrip and subresync are the only subtosrt tools. you must type the letters manually...subrip is a bit better.

immortal: try open the sub with notepad, do you see the subs? or just crap?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I thought I did it before...with vobsub... I didn't need to type anything i just choose save as and voila! It would change the file type for me...simple as that. Was I dreaming?
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is possible if the target subs are image based. For text based you must type them...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm how do we know if it's image or text based? I thought they are all in notepad form?

Actually I always wonder why don't they just put them all in .srt :P Is .sub a much better format? What's the difference actually...
    Quote Quote