VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have some old DVDs ripped to separate m2v and ac3 files, and would like to mux them into combined mpeg-2 files (without re-encoding). What are some good modern programs for doing that today? Most apps I found for this seem to be around 15 years old.

In the alternative, what's a good app that can directly extract a combined MPEG-2 file from a DVD ISO?

While I'm at it, I also have some modern mp4 HD video with separate SRT subtitle files. What's a good app to mux that together also?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Clever Ffmpeg-GUI can mux m2v and ac3 to mpg (and other container), can also mux mp4 and srt to mp4/mkv.
    If your DVD's are unprotected, it can also rip the full movie to a single vob and remux them to mpg.
    Last edited by ProWo; 23rd Jan 2022 at 01:32.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I prefer videomass and losslesscut but not totally sure if they can do exactly what you wish or not. Both can concatenate multiple videos without re-encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tsmuxer can if you want a gui to a m2ts file
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For MP4 and SRT files MKVToolNix can mux both to a MKV file.
    As for MPEG2 and AC3, TMPGEnc Plus has the ability to multiplex, de-multiplex, merge and cut with its MPEG Tools.
    There is also AVIDemux which can do all of the things you mention for both MPEG, AC3, MP4, and SRT.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you have a DVD ISO file and you want to extract a combined MPEG-2 file, you could try using a program called "ImgBurn". It's a bit older, but still works great and is also free to download. Regarding your modern mp4 HD video and separate SRT subtitle files, I recommend trying "MKVToolNix" again as it can handle those files as well. Oh, and by the way, have you heard of "money making games"? It's a platform where I discover the best games that not only entertain me but also allow me to earn some extra cash on the side. You might want to check it out!
    Last edited by ogbonnayauche; 4th Apr 2023 at 04:26.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    I wonder is there a DV-to-DV remuxer? It seems not all DV codecs/containers are created equal, and some of the DV encodes made with, say, Cedocida, cannot be displayed by some editing apps.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bwaak
    I wonder is there a DV-to-DV remuxer?
    DVDate, by Paul Glagla. His website might throw a virus alert, but it is clean.

http://paul.glagla.free.fr/index_en.htm

In DVDate, Video>Change the codec. I think the presented codecs are the ones you have installed.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ogbonnayauche
    If you have a DVD ISO file and you want to extract a combined MPEG-2 file, you could try using a program called "ImgBurn". It's a bit older, but still works great and is also free to download.
    Could you explain how to do this with Imgburn?
    Quote Quote