VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I'm looking for a piece of software that will convert lots of formats to mp3. Only catch is, they need to keep all the tag data and album art data. I was using this program that worked well, until I realized it was skipping m4a and ogg files. I need a program that can handle m4a, ogg, flac, wma, and wav and turn them all into mp3 (while retaining the tags). SUPER handles lots of files, but the output files have ugly names with 2 extensions and no tag data.
    Any ideas? Obviously I'd prefer some Free software, but I'll take whatever you've got in mind.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure if this helps, but GoldWave can pretty much convert anything to MP3, even audio that's in video files.

I personally don't work with album art, or any tag data, but I know GoldWave does have a built-in tag and metadata editor. Hopefully it helps.

It's not free, but there is a free trial. If it handles your task I believe it would be worth registering this fabulous piece of software for its small price.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dBpowerAMP Music Converter
    version 10 is freeware, later versions you need to pay.
    There are plugins on the site for all kinds of formats.
    Last edited by AlanHK; 28th Jan 2011 at 04:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Audacity with the ffmpeg plugin can handle just about anything. I know it can keep the tag data, but I don't know about album art - might be worth a try.
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WinAmp too.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey thanks so much guys
    I tried each of the programs, and it turned out that dBpowerAMP was just what I was looking for. GoldWave is also a great program, but it didn't transfer the tags very well.
    Quote Quote