VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using DVD Lab Pro to author my DVD's and recently i've noticed that when i insert chapter still image from here:

and clickin "Render menu motion" i get this massage:

somehow its not recogonizing the still images ...
    however...
    when i add the still from the Preview Window it does recgonize it!

can someone help me understand whats the different and what can i do to render it anyway?

i've worked so hard for this and now i'm finding out that i cant render it...

any help appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Correction...
    it doesn't matter where i'm adding it from...
    if the motion object isn't a Link - i can't render it...
    i must link it if i want to render it...

i don't get it....
    why does it have to be linked?
    can i just add it as a still and render it?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You do not have to render still images, it is only for motion menu or buttons with motion in it.
    Just drag the picture from preview window into your button and stretch it to fit. If you want the picture as a background, than drag it from preview to Asset Bin- Background folder and from there to menu. It will automatically stretch to cover menu, or you can drag it directly to menu and stretch it to fit by hand.
    In case of motion, sometime it is easier to do it in separate editor and import it into Asset Bin, than to your button or menu.
    Motion does not need any link, it is a Menu or Button that has to be linked to something.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FWIW, I tried the built in motion render and effect once when I first started using the program. I found the effects cheesy and the process needlessly cumbersome. I know prep all motion assets in vegas and then author in DLP. Much more control, much higher quality.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. tinker, guns1inger, thanks for the reply.
    i'm using Cyberlink PowerDirector to make a motion background,
    i then import it to assets window,
    but when i want to render a scene selection menu i have no choice but to use the built in motion render - otherwise how can i create motion buttons in it...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. I see what you mean.
    To create motion button you use right button "Insert Chapter Stills" to insert chapter points into your Menu. It takes chapters from movies or movie you have in project window. Once you have that done, right click on one of the buttons and click on "Render Motion" new window will open with all your buttons an background in it. Click on each of the buttons end adjust start position for your motion, set time for duration and other things also check bitrate, it should be 8000. Do this for each button. Than click "RENDER" and motion buttons and menu(if you have one, it can be still picture also) is created.
    Quote Quote  
  7. tinker, thanks man!
    and i'm really sory that you had to write so much but i already knew that.

what i dont understand is:

if the motion object isn't a Link - it can't render it...
    i must link it if i want to render it...

i don't get it....
    why does it have to be linked?
    can i just add it as a still and render it?
    hope i explained myself right...

Thanks again for helpin me!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've had DVD Menu Studio for as long as I can remember but never really used it. Does it have any advantages over DLP's built-in menu creation facility? I can't see any
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I create everything in Vegas and/or Photoshop - backgrounds, buttons etc. The only thing I add in DLP is the sub-picture for selection.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still is different story, you do not have to render it, you just insert still picture from anywhere into still or motion menu and compile. You do not have to use Insert Chapter Button. You insert your own picture for chapters and link it manually.
    Maybe I am not getting what you want. For more info post your question on this site.
    http://www.mmbforums.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=24
    There are people who use this software for business and they know a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  11. tinker, your post is good enough thanks!
    guns1inger thanks to you too!
    Quote Quote