VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That method is the worse way,just use a device that doesn't incorporate cinavia to begin with.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes certainly if u want to listen it in original. But for alibaba way of doing business throughout the world the other one is a must requirement.

3. It's clear that cinavia is becoming more and more a pain in the but than its worth !!

That said, if u still want to REMOVE cinavia the right way.. you can !! Provided that you have an copy of an non-affected cinavia audio stream, you can do the following!

for bluray removal or actually work arround do the following. Demux the audio stream from the DVD version, and it doesnt matter if the framerate is different (read on to find out why).

use eac3to to convert the framerate from the dvd audio stream and mux that stream in tsmuxer and make sure the non-affected stream is placed on top of the affected DTS-HD stream in tsmuxer.

That way u still have the original DTS-HD (infected) stream for the day to come (if ever) when cinavia is a thing of the past!

And voila = Cinavia stand clear

That's how i doing it, keeping menu's all the extra intact too mind u .

And while u at it, u can add some subtitles too hehe.
    Last edited by metagondria; 11th Feb 2015 at 17:08.

4. Oh.. almost forgot...

Although software players such as powerdvd, windvd and what not are infected too with the dreadfull cinavia virus.. It is still possible to play infected content on those mediaplayers and not receiving 1 annoying message or the sound muted .

I noticed , when u rip ur bluray/dvd copy to your HDD/folder (NOT ISO !!) and play it from your hard drive in an mediaplayer. You have "ONCE AGAIN" BEATEN / worked arround the dreadfull Cinavia protection hehe..

It seems , cinavia only works when you play it from a disc/ mounted iso !!!

5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Cinavia also works from usb and streaming and most blu-ray that have cinavia also have it on the dvd so most of what you said isn't right.

6. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    cinavia also have it on the dvd so most of what you said isn't right.
    Maybe in the Country/Region on the face of the earth u live perhaps, but not arround here.

So far so good i'd say, the few titles that are infected are either on DVD OR BLuray arround here not both .. Whit the exception of 1 title , namely Wrath Of The Titans !!

I noticed that most of the part "US" movies are infected , poor u..

Even Dvdfab hit list is wrong, quite a few deal of movies that on that list (both DVD & BD version on that list) are NOT infected at all arround here.

So go figure,

Why woud i lie or being wrong about that!?

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by metagondria View Post
    I noticed that most of the part "US" movies are infected , poor u..
    Actually if you avoid Sony DVDs and BDs, you rarely find Cinavia here in the USA. Warner Brothers uses it the 2nd most if I remember correctly and I don't remember reading about them using it on DVDs. Many studios here don't use Cinavia at all or almost never.

Originally Posted by metagondria View Post
    Why woud i lie or being wrong about that!?
    Maybe you're a troll. Or you think it's fun to lie. Anyway, johns0 didn't say you lied. He said you weren't right, which means you weren't correct. Being wrong doesn't mean you lied.

8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Not to mention talking about taking the audio from a different source and replacing it is not exactly a new idea

And it kind of defeats the purpose of having HD audio to begin with

Blah blah blah.......

9. @jaman98

I did spoke from my own personal experiences and stated the facts CORRECT.

Saying that iam wrong when i know iam right is the same as calling me an liar.

Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post

And it kind of defeats the purpose of having HD audio to begin with

Blah blah blah.......
    I preffer HD video over HD audio ANY GIVEN DAY thank u sir. HD audio is WAY OVERRATED anyway. In fact, its more of an nuicance than anything else !! Like music, backgrounds effects and what not is EXTREMELY LOUD and voice acting is as silent as a whisper !!!

No matter what setting you choose, that ↑ example is well know fact and hard if not impossible to fine tune ... !! Using PCM output instead of bitstreams helps but doing so defeats the purpose of having hd audio aswell isnt it !!

also, if sony realy wos that cleaver they should have put the protection in the video track lol !! That way , it would be useless to rip content from an dvd to replace the content from bluray with it. By doing that it would just look and sound like an regular DVD again.

10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Saying that iam wrong when i know iam right is the same as calling me an liar.
    You are out of your F'n mind!!!!
    LOL!!

I prefer HD Video AND HD Audio
    Maybe it's over rated and sounds bad when you have a cheap system, don't know how to set it up or are one of those people that think a 128kbps MP3 is as good as an original uncompressed audio cd

As for everything else, pre and post.... blah blah blah

11. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    You are out of your F'n mind!!!!
    LOL!!
    D'aww , wait .. wut ?

Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    I prefer HD Video AND HD Audio
    Maybe it's over rated and sounds bad when you have a cheap system, don't know how to set it up or are one of those people that think a 128kbps MP3 is as good as an original uncompressed audio cd

As for everything else, pre and post.... blah blah blah
    You need to understand my GREEDY friend, atm its not a matter of AND & AND but a hard to swallow matter of fact between um this OR nothing at all !!

If you have to choose between video OR the audio track , iam sure 99,99% of the poeple will choose the video track.
    especially if it is 1080pHD content..

unless ur blind and / or mute !!

Fyi, if "HD" audio sounds bad on an 700€+ home cinemaset it sure will not sound all that better on any other system if you ask me !!

I especialy bhought an brand new ↑ home cinema set, because i realy thought i would hear an difference between the old dolby 5.1/dts dvd tracks and the new Overhyped (i like to add) DTS-HD sound.

Guess wut, i sold my system the next day. Thats HOW DISSAPOINTED I AM !!!

And yes, i have PITCH perfect hearing though..
    Nothing wrong about that part of my f'ked up mind ..

Furthermore, yadda yaddda dadda

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Don't know how relevant this reply is to this thread but this is my suggestion-
    I use a Philips Bluray player which regularly catches my ripped mkv or mp4 movie files protected by cinavia. I get around by watching movie copied to usb drive than through discs. Till a permanent solution is found, I suggest copying the movie file to usb and plug into drive's port and watch. And don't ever update the player software. Who knows, they might block the usb port too!

13. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    What a troll...........
    Either that or your IQ is slightly above 50!!!
    We can't all be geniuses , now can we ? Or am i wrong about that too

Atleast i didnt had to rely upon profanity / swearing and calling others names to communicate with other poeple, to proof my point unlike u .

In that regard, you my benevolent friend do infact strike me as a person with an "IQ" equall or less then 50 when u start to belitling and calling other poeple names !!

By doing so you must have violated an dozen rules, and iam surprised your account hasn't been banned or atleast suspended.

Poeple have been ip banned for MUCH.. MUUCCHH LESSS !!!

ta ta

14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello All, I am new here. I have been reading through this and other threads regarding the cinavia "protection". I only recently became aware of Cinavia. I love movies, and buy them all the time. I also rip and burn copies to use while keeping the originals pristine. However, I rarely have time to actually watch anything . Having some time off, I recently tried to watch Dracula Untold and Ouija, both DVDs, and ran into this cursed scheme. I moved my old DVD player out to the main tv, only to find that it didn't play DVD-R's! So I burned Ouija to a DVD+R and got on watching my movie. I have converted Dracula Untold to mkv and will try watching it streamed from a hard drive connected to my router to my smart TV. I am crossing my fingers. Anyway, I had an idea about defeating Cinavia that I haven't seen mentioned and would like to put it out there. If my idea is crap, tell me, it won't hurt my feelings.
    Cinavia is supposedly an audio tone that is inaudible to humans that signals the hardware. Can the audio be analyzed, perhaps with a 'scope, to find this audio signal? Once found, an inverse signal could then be produced and inserted into the audio track. Inverse signals cancel each other out and presto! no more Cinavia.
    Maybe I'm way off base, but I thought I would put it out there.

15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 3TrickPony View Post
    Hello All, I am new here. I have been reading through this and other threads regarding the cinavia "protection". I only recently became aware of Cinavia. I love movies, and buy them all the time. I also rip and burn copies to use while keeping the originals pristine. However, I rarely have time to actually watch anything . Having some time off, I recently tried to watch Dracula Untold and Ouija, both DVDs, and ran into this cursed scheme. I moved my old DVD player out to the main tv, only to find that it didn't play DVD-R's! So I burned Ouija to a DVD+R and got on watching my movie. I have converted Dracula Untold to mkv and will try watching it streamed from a hard drive connected to my router to my smart TV. I am crossing my fingers. Anyway, I had an idea about defeating Cinavia that I haven't seen mentioned and would like to put it out there. If my idea is crap, tell me, it won't hurt my feelings.
    Cinavia is supposedly an audio tone that is inaudible to humans that signals the hardware. Can the audio be analyzed, perhaps with a 'scope, to find this audio signal? Once found, an inverse signal could then be produced and inserted into the audio track. Inverse signals cancel each other out and presto! no more Cinavia.
    Maybe I'm way off base, but I thought I would put it out there.
    Many find the best solution for the problem is converting their movies to media files and then playing the files with devices that are not required to look for Cinavia. Some people prefer watching movies this way to simply copying their discs and were never troubled by Cinavia in the first place.

Sorry, but your approach isn't a new one. Plus, Cinavia is in the audible range, and all attempts to remove it or render it undetectable have affected audio quality to some degree.

drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Many find the best solution for the problem is converting their movies to media files and then playing the files with devices that are not required to look for Cinavia. Some people prefer watching movies this way to simply copying their discs and were never troubled by Cinavia in the first place.
    Along these lines, I would note that I used to make a lot more discs than I do now -- particularly of foreign or obscure films and documentaries that are downloaded because they are very difficult or impossible to find here -- but a majority of these are going to be "watchers" rather than "keepers." Considerable time and labor are saved by skipping the disc creation stage and just watching them from my WD Live, then deleting them. I can't recall ever having to deal with Cinavia . . . .
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    And a simple search on "cinavia" at this site would have told you all that if you had bothered to check.

what a douche response

18. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Time to close the thread.