VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    In 13, I would use CTRL-[ and CTRL-] to jump the cursor to the start and end of the current selection.

In 15, CTRL-[ still jumps to the start,
    but CTRL-] also goes to the start, not the end.

Am I doing something wrong ?
    How do you skip to the end of the current selection?
    Last edited by GoodEnough; 12th Apr 2019 at 13:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by GoodEnough View Post
    In 13, I would use CTRL-[ and CTRL-] to jump the cursor to the start and end of the current selection.

In 15, CTRL-[ still jumps to the start,
    but CTRL-] also goes to the start, not the end.

Am I doing something wrong ?
    How do you skip to the end of the current selection?
    I never upgraded beyond 13, but ever since I started with Vegas 4, you can easily customize the key board to perform any operation you want. It sounds like they screwed up one of the shortcuts. Just go to the keyboard shortcut options and change it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Where are keyboard shortcut options set?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by GoodEnough View Post
    Where are keyboard shortcut options set?
    I already answered that. You might want to ask your questions in the Magix Vegas forum:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/video/

Perhaps everything has changed in the latest release, but the first thirteen releases had the setting in the Options menu, just like I already told you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    No, you did not answer that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by GoodEnough View Post
    No, you did not answer that.
    Look, I am trying to help you, so that reply is not very appropriate.

1. You can press F1 to get the help system in Vegas and type "keyboard shortcuts" and find out not only where the option is, but how to use it.

2. You can go to the Options menu in Vegas and then select "Customize Keyboard." This is the same advice I have posted in this thread twice. This makes a third, and final time. It appears you didn't even make an attempt to click on the Options menu, or you would have seen the option. If I sound annoyed, I am, because I spent the time to help, and then you made no attempt to do something.

3. You can click on this link and then go to page 557 of the user guide:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/E1lllY2i6QS.pdf

It provides complete instructions on how to customize your keyboard.

I don't know how much more clearly I can provide your answer than what I wrote above, and how much more hand-holding you expect. You now have to actually do some work yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The OP probably has the basic versions of Vegas Movie Studio 13 and 15. No "Customize Keyboard" in Options menu of any of my MSP versions (10 to 16). (The last Movie Studio (Platinum) version to include "Customize Toolbar" was v.12.) A user with the same username asked this and got a reply confirming his KB Shortcut issue in VMS 15 on the Movie Studio section in the Magix Vegas forum.
    Last edited by vkmast; 14th Apr 2019 at 05:52.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    The OP probably has the basic versions of Vegas Movie Studio 13 and 15. No "Customize Keyboard" in Options menu of any of my MSP versions (10 to 16). (The last Movie Studio (Platinum) version to include "Customize Toolbar" was v.12.) A user with the same username asked this and got a reply confirming his KB Shortcut issue in VMS 15 on the Movie Studio section in the Magix Vegas forum.
    The original post said "Vegas" which I took to mean Vegas Pro. Movie Studio, at least in the Vegas forums, is usually referred to a Movie Studio, not Vegas. I therefore didn't realize he had that version, and certainly didn't know Magix had removed the customization.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I very much agree that the posters should clearly state the version they are using. This is still a problem on the Magix Vegas forum as well despite it being mentioned in one of the main stickied FAQs (https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/important-information-required-to-help-you--110457/) and Movie Studio having its own section.

Note that in Magix Vegas Pro versions there are still Options to Customize Toolbar, Timeline Toolbar and Keyboard. No Movie Studio version currently has the Option to Customize Toolbar, which was in some of the earlier versions.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Apologies to JohnMeyer, as you've been a big help in general.
    . I updated my profile to indicate my software version.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    In other news, I verified that CTRL-] never worked in v13 either, so I must be dreaming.
    I only ever used CTRL-[ to go to the start of a selection
    Quote Quote