VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. acutally newbie to DVDR that is

anyway, Just got my Sony DU500A dvdr today and basically the RecordNow program they include sucks.

so I use Nero 5.5100 and care mainly about storing data.

what's the differnce between DVD ISO, DVD UDF, and DVD ISO/UDF format filesystem?

also it comes with only 1 DVD+RW?

anyone know where I can get DVDR+ or - (which is better?) cheap? and works well with the drive (even better if it can record at 4x)

spindle is perfered I don't care for the CD case.

Thanks in advance for all your help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Congratulations on your purchase. I love my Sony.

"-" media is less expensive. Do a search either in these forums or on Google for DVD Media to find answers to your questions.

These questions have been floating around here for quite some time and there's a wealth of info and knowledeable folks that have contributed to those threads.

Good Luck
    Quote Quote  
  3. some people use meritline.com for media. I have gotten Accu DVD-R discs from www.cdrdvdrmedia.com (a yahoo store) - they burn at 2x and work well burned in Nero 5.5.10.0 in DVD UDF/ISO 1.02 mode. Check the DVD Media list at left for some tips.
    Panasonic DMR-ES45VS, keep those discs a burnin'
    Quote Quote  
  4. I like Nero, but to be fair I have to mention this. Update your RecordNow to RecorNow DX. It is much better then original version. Follow instructions included with your drive.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello-I would agree with Don Pedro. I am a Nero fan, but the three-click, drag and drop procedure with RecordNowDX has made backing up data a breeze. I think the DRU500A is a good drive. I usually use Fuji DVD+RW for backups because burning to DVD+RWs is pretty fast(even with my beater rig) and I can buy them at Best Buy. Not the best deal, but they are there. There is also a Sony firmware upgrade available that may help your performance.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by donpedro
    I like Nero, but to be fair I have to mention this. Update your RecordNow to RecorNow DX. It is much better then original version. Follow instructions included with your drive.
    Hey Don where in the booklets do they talk about an upgrafe to RecordNow DX? I didnt see anything about that with the DRU500A's I have bought. Also is it free?

Thanks much.
    Quote Quote  
  7. On one of those big papers... look around. It is near DLA think.... You know what... let me see if I can find link. You should find it here:

Sony DRU-500A Updated sofware ??? (DLA, RecordNow DX, MyDVD)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by donpedro
    On one of those big papers... look around. It is near DLA think.... You know what... let me see if I can find link. You should find it here:

Sony DRU-500A Updated sofware ??? (DLA, RecordNow DX, MyDVD)
    Thanks, downloading it. After seeing the reference to the blue paper I found what you were talking about. I was looking for an added insert. (I am one that doesnt read documentation normally.. When I saw Sony quick start guide I guess my brain turned off) Didnt think it would be in there.

Thanks
    Quote Quote