VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bayme
    So yeah, ALL old FLV instructions are obsolete and useless now. Pretty sad, in my opinion.
    I hope you're not right, that would stink... but I just uploaded this video and the LQ seems to be unconverted at the moment (stereo and all).

Are these issues regarding HQ or LQ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by NerdWithNoLife
    I hope you're not right, that would stink... but I just uploaded this video and the LQ seems to be unconverted at the moment (stereo and all).

Are these issues regarding HQ or LQ?
    Hmm.. it gets weirder by the day. Either they're picking users out (and I was one of them), or they've reverted their new scripts back to the way they were long ago. Just last night my FLV stereo uploads were converted 5 minutes after being in the original stereo state.

I give up. This is no longer consistent.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Xeven22
    Makes me wonder how this guy is still able to upload an flv in stereo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwuJHQQ_L_A

Possibly uploaded previously but kept private? One I did previously before the apparent Kibosh on "frame rate stuffing" works.

Or does where they are make a difference?

Also, just because it says "flv" is it really?

Btw, I'd like to state for the record that I find this whole Anime/Manga whatever else they call variations on this cheesy Japanimation stuff to be annoying. Who decided this style of animation is something amazing?

No doubt it emerged back in the 60's (or earlier?) because it was cheap and easy to knock out in a hurry. I don't find that making it "sparkly" makes it some kind of high art. It's like animation's answer to Velvet Elvi, dog's playing poker etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope! It got reencoded, while the original was up for a short time. You are correct, sir - EVERYTHING gets reconverted now.

At the same time it created an "HQ" mp4, it trashed the FLV. The days of < 350k flv's are over.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NerdWithNoLife
    At the same time it created an "HQ" mp4, it trashed the FLV. The days of < 350k flv's are over.

Of course, I'm not sure this is a bad thing. It's certainly simpler to just upload an .avi and have it be decent quality for the whole 11 mins if you want, rather than go through all the kludging to get a decent video that can only be 2 or 3 mins, is problematic to play etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bayme
    Originally Posted by brassplyer
    However I think I made an error by going with 29.97 fps, the mp4 comes back as 14.97. Going to try one at 30 fps and see what happens.
    Okay, I've found that the mpeg-4's that result from the &fmt=18 tag all come up with a 14-point something framerate. Is anyone finding anything other than this? This seems to be the standard.
    No, this is not what I find.
    Apparently YouTube chokes on anything over 25 fps and reverts it back to 14point something.

Also, I'm guessing the reason the stereo version of the vids don't show up right away is that even though the video shows up as "ready", the higher res mpeg-4 takes longer to encode than the low res .flv file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by brassplyer
    Originally Posted by Xeven22
    Makes me wonder how this guy is still able to upload an flv in stereo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwuJHQQ_L_A
    Possibly uploaded previously but kept private?
    [...]
    Also, just because it says "flv" is it really?
    Yes, it is, and if the description says it's Added May 23rd, it really is;
    Code:
    Format               : Flash Video
    File size            : 17.3 MiB
    PlayTime             : 8mn 32s
    Bit rate             : 283 Kbps
    Writing application  : YouTube, Inc.
    Tagged_Application   : YouTube Metadata Injector.

Video #0
    Codec                : Sorenson H263
    Bit rate             : 283 Kbps
    Width                : 480 pixels
    Height               : 360 pixels
    Display Aspect ratio : 4/3

Audio #0
    Codec                : MPEG-1 Audio layer 3
    Bit rate             : 160 Kbps
    Bit rate mode        : CBR
    Channel(s)           : 2 channels
    Sampling rate        : 44.1 KHz
    Resolution           : 16 bits
    Writing library      : Xing (new)
    Originally Posted by brassplyer
    Btw, I'd like to state for the record that I find this whole Anime/Manga whatever else they call variations on this cheesy Japanimation stuff to be annoying. Who decided this style of animation is something amazing?
    I hear you man, I hear you. Never really understood it either. I can understand some of the eurodance like music tastes it seems to bond with nowadays, but the drawing-fetish everywhere is insanely weird and silly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I did this one but find that when I view the enhanced version, the image is sharper & the audio in stereo, the motion is choppy. I did it was 25 fps but resulting mpeg-4 that comes back from YouTube shows a rate of 23.560.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u41oRCtPXlY
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently there's a method to uploading flv files in stereo once again. Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2sXfYCz2E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PW-yrmkM4Q
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm dredging up this thread again out of frustration with YouTube's new audio encoding scheme. It seems that no matter what I do or the format of my uploaded files, YT's servers re-encode the audio in AAC-LC. Which should be fine because they're doing it at 128kbps stereo.

But apparently now they're also applying dynamic compression on everything to make it sound louder. It's awful! I can't believe how crappy the new AAC-LC audio is. The old flv & MP3 scheme produced MUCH better sound.

Does anyone know what's going on or why they're mucking with the audio like this? I've even tried uploading my videos with uncompressed PCM CD-quality audio, and they STILL compress the hell out of it when they convert it to AAC-LC.

As a minimum, users should have the option to de-select the dynamic compression "feature" if they don't care about making everything LOUD and COMPRESSED with no dynamic range.

Bah!

EDIT: I did find one user who's still using flv and mp3 and getting stereo, but he's sampling at only 22khz. I don't want to drop any lower than 44.1khz.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yeah, I agree. Beginning maybe 10 days ago they started using some new audio encoding methods. I'm by no means an audio expert, but using the same settings as before with my uploads, which produced decent sounding MP3 or AAC audio, now it gets distorted. It's similar to clipping, although I don't know if that's what's really happening. I just wish they'd stop it as it's making my audio sound like crap. It makes me wince sometimes, that's how bad it sounds. It's hard to believe they can't hear it themselves. I've started lowering the volume on the audio before upload, but it doesn't seem to make any difference in how the reencoded audio sounds.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They seem to be dynamically playing with the volume to make everything loud, no matter what the original level was. On some tracks I can hear the volume raising and lowering. It's extremely annoying. Apparently someone at YouTube thinks this is good for people playing videos back on iPhones and other similar portable devices. I wish I could turn it off.
    Quote Quote