VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to backup this dvd thats gotten a bit scratched after a while and cleaning it doesn't seem to do the trick. I know theres methods with using wax or polishing it etc. But I was wondering, since I remember hearing about a program DVDXRescue that was supposed to recover damaged dvd files. Does it really work or is it kind of effective? Also if there another alternative program that works as good or better?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ISOBuster is one alternative. Some swear by DVD Fab Decrypter as well for stubborn discs. Be aware though, if you hit a patch and elect to ignore read errors, you will be throwing away data. Throw away enough and you will start to see visible effects.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, trying it out now. I was only unable to copy 2 one gig files using decrypter. Unfortunately, with dvdfab it wouldn't just copy the files i needed, it wanted to copy the whole disc again. So I removed the old folder. It's been running for a little bit and nearly finished but its taking a real long time. I noticed some of files seem a bit smaller like 100-200KB smaller than they should be. But seems like its getting the job done =) Thanks gunslinger
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may need to run these files through FixVTS after Fab is done with them, just to be sure they work.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote