VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have this simple script I've started with:
    Code:
    FFMPEGSource2("file_for_dirt_removal.mp4", atrack=1)
    ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec709")
    RemoveDirtMC(20, false
    What do the RemoveDirtMC parameters mean? What does the 20 refer to and what is the significance of the 'false' value? I haven't found an explanation, or if I have, I didn't understand it.

thanks,
    babag
    Quote Quote  
  2. The first (aside from the clip) argument is the strength of the filter. The higher you set it the more "dirt" is removed. If you set it to high you will remove detail too. The second argument is whether to work only on the greyscale channel. If set to true only the luma will be processed. If false the chroma will be processed too.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, jagabo! is there a defined range within which the strength parameter works? something like 0-100 or 0-255?

thanks again,
    babag
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't know what the full range is but useful values are from about 0 to 50. You might sometimes go higher for still shots.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    do you know to what extent image size has an affect on the strength? would i use larger numbers for 4k than sd?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I believe the filter is less effective with higher resolutions. So you may have to use higher numbers for 4K.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks! it's been interesting testing. should continue to be so. current tests are on hd material but the originals of that material are 2880x2160 so we'll see.
    Quote Quote