VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I'm curious what's problem is on tape? and if EH65 also has "tbc" why can't fix this ?
    (panasonic hs960 is connected to panasonic eh65 dvd recorder)

https://youtu.be/RBtmcY4s1Yc
    Last edited by prodarek; 25th Oct 2022 at 15:44.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A quick way to see if the tape is really bad or the EH65 isn't doing it's job is to pull it out of the workflow: do another capture without the EH65 and compare the two captures. If the first is better than the second, the EH65 is working but can't fully correct it, and if both captures are the same, the EH65 isn't doing anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There are also some very very rare cases where a TBC, whether internal or external can end up detecting the sync getting things wrong and can end up "miscorrecting" the video and something with less capability/not as wide range of correction works better. It could be something like this going on here, maybe there is some weirdness going on in the non-visible area of the tape that gives the EH65 issues.

I remember digitizing some dubbed/home edited military memory/showoff tape which had spots where the dmr-ES10 and similar went off the charts and ended up making half of the lines in the picture starting in the middle so had to go without proper line tbc for that part.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by prodarek View Post
    Hello,
    I'm curious what's problem is on tape? and if EH65 also has "tbc" why can't fix this ?
    (panasonic hs960 is connected to panasonic eh65 dvd recorder)
    External line TBC is limited to what it can do, don't expect miracles, Always preferred to have an internal line TBC in the VCR, Even that sometimes is not enough.
    Quote Quote