VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi - I recorded this off the TV (satellite) and it has plenty of interlacing 'combs'. I've applied separatefields along with Assume TFF and BFF but it looks odd and I just cannot work out what type of deinterlacing to use. I'd love some help, thanks - and Happy New Year to you all.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's pure interlace. Bob it using QTGMC or some such.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    Hi - I recorded this off the TV (satellite) and it has plenty of interlacing 'combs'. I've applied separatefields along with Assume TFF and BFF but it looks odd and I just cannot work out what type of deinterlacing to use. I'd love some help, thanks - and Happy New Year to you all.
    This is normal interlaced video - 'combs' are visible only on progressive display when no deinterlace is applied to source.
    You may follow manono advise and use QTGMC however you may be interested in faster and overall good quality yadif deinterlacer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, lads. Ordinarily, I'd use QTGMC especially for such a short video as this. I used MeGUI, DGIndexer, QTGMC and the result is the wavy lines you see in the attachment. I don't understand how this should be, maybe someone knows of a reason?

Yadif, however, works fine.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	qtgmc wavy.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	44268  

Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    Thanks, lads. Ordinarily, I'd use QTGMC especially for such a short video as this. I used MeGUI, DGIndexer, QTGMC and the result is the wavy lines you see in the attachment. I don't understand how this should be, maybe someone knows of a reason?

Yadif, however, works fine.
    Looks like motion analysis issue.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Those thick wavy lines looks like you resized vertically in a progressive manner while still in fields . (Don't resize, until after your deinterlace, or resize in an interlace aware manner)

I don't get those artifacts

Post your script
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	qtgmc.png
Views:	67
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	44269  

Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, a common mistake. When you resize an interlaced image vertically without taking into account it is interlaced, the two fields are co-mingled and can no longer be separated properly.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you, well spotted! My TV recording was of a 4:3 programme sandwiched between two modern programmes. You can see what I did here:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("E:\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\NicAudio.dll")
    LoadPlugin("E:\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    a=DGDecode_mpeg2source("E:\zGet Down\gET DOWN.d2v")
    b=NicMPG123Source("E:\zGet Down\gET DOWN PID 1452 L2 2ch 48 224 DELAY -38ms.mp2") 
    audiodub(a,b)
    LoadPlugin("E:\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\yadifmod2.dll")
    Yadifmod2(order=-1)
    Spline64Resize(720,540)
    trim(36917,41049).fadein0(40).fout(70)++loop(200,41049,41049).trim(41049,41049+199).amplify(0).fadeout0(40)
    Is there a single script that would give me QTGMC and a 4:3 AR? Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Replace Yadifmod2 with QTGMC.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Damn. It's the order they appear in the script, isn't it? Idiot! I'm not thinking straight yet...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Actually, I have options - I can do it using MeGUI's 'Clever Anamorphic' option:
    Code:
    global MeGUI_darx = 4
    global MeGUI_dary = 3
    b=NicMPG123Source("E:\zGet Down\gET DOWN PID 1452 L2 2ch 48 224 DELAY -38ms.mp2") 
    audiodub(a,b)
    trim(36917,41049).fadein0(40).fadeout(70).QTGMC()
    or by resizing to a 4:3 ratio:
    Code:
    audiodub(a,b)
    trim(36917,41049).fadein0(40).fadeout(70).QTGMC()
    Spline64Resize(720,540)
    Does anyone have a preference?
    Quote Quote