VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some bluray movies (mkv) which audios are not that good, but I have some good 6 chanel audio (mka, ac3) of those movies separately, I need some help for this, if there any good freeware to do the job, how to match the audio and video properly.
    Please help me,
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ??? do you mean sorting file names ???

If you just want a tool to mux the video with the audio then that would be MMG from MKVToolNix (or MKVMerge if you prefer scripting)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    I suppose he means making a stereo mix from 6 channel audio.

Surround mixes are frequently sub-par, but not always the audio engineer can be blamed. They often have to work with separate components: an odd number of ill placed microphones giving an impossible acoustic mess to work with, a direct in "wham bam" set of effects and some mastered but completely acoustically incompatible audio track. "Just make it work in surround, and by the way, it's got to be done by tomorrow"!

Last edited by newpball; 23rd Feb 2015 at 13:22.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    I suppose he means making a stereo mix from 6 channel audio.
    It sounds like he wants replace the existing audio stream with a better, multi-channel one.
    MKVMergeGUI would be the first thing to try if the audio streams are an exact match, but there's no guarantee they would be.

Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Surround mixes are frequently sub-par, but not always the audio engineer can be blamed. They often have to work with separate components: an odd number of ill placed microphones giving an impossible acoustic mess to work with, a direct in "wham bam" set of effects and some mastered but completely acoustically incompatible audio track. "Just make it work in surround, and by the way, it's got to be done by tomorrow"!
    You literally just made that up, didn't you?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smondal29 View Post
    ...how to match the audio and video properly.
    I think he wants to know how to synch up the new audio with the video. If there's more involved than just setting a delay - if we're speaking of two different cuts of the film, or maybe one being NTSC and the other PAL - then this isn't something a beginner can easily accomplish. It can be difficult and time-consuming even for an experienced person.

If all he wants is to replace one audio with the other then that's easy to do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. here is some info

Click image for larger version

Name:	Video info.png
Views:	189
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	30425

Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio info.png
Views:	140
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	30426

you can see audio in the movie is too bad (as always from yify) so I want to better quality audio into it, so what should I do?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Open the MP4 with MKVMergeGUI. Add the MKV (in this case you want to use the "add" button, not the "append" button).
    There'll be a list of tracks. Obviously after they're both added you'll have at least two video tracks and two audio tracks in the track list, so de-select the tracks you don't want, remux as a new MKV and see how it goes.

Hopefully using MKVMergeGUI will be reasonably self explanatory once you've opened a file with it. If the audio and video aren't in sync in the new MKV,, MKVMergeGUI can set an audio delay (positive or negative) to adjust it. That'll work fine if the audio and video are out of sync by the same amount from start to finish. It might just take a little trial and error to get it right.
    If the audio video sync changes, which is very possible if they came from different sources, that's a whole other can of worms and it can be very time consuming to fix, but see how you go with MKVMergeGUI first.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Open the MP4 with MKVMergeGUI. Add the MKV (in this case you want to use the "add" button, not the "append" button).
    There'll be a list of tracks. Obviously after they're both added you'll have at least two video tracks and two audio tracks in the track list, so de-select the tracks you don't want, remux as a new MKV and see how it goes

Thank you "hello_hello", I did a test as your quote and guess what It muxed perfectly well, audio and video is perfectly synced,

just one thing where is the option to tweak delay in audio, and is there any "+" or "-" sign to delay audio? please help,

thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you highlight a track and select the "format specific options" tab you can specify options for the highlighted track. Most of them will be greyed out when an audio track is selected as they don't apply to audio, but the delay field will still be available. You can enter any value you like (in milliseconds), either positive or negative.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    If you highlight a track and select the "format specific options" tab you can specify options for the highlighted track. Most of them will be greyed out when an audio track is selected as they don't apply to audio, but the delay field will still be available. You can enter any value you like (in milliseconds), either positive or negative.
    Thanks again for this details. this could be handy when facing sync problem.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!