VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm working in a web development office and looking for a 1080p camcorder for business purpose (North America NTSC). We are not professional video producing company. We need this HD camcorder for recording conference, road show, helping client to record services and product for displaying on their web sites. Due to limited budget, this HD camcorder doesn't has to be expensive high end but must have external audio input (for wireless microphones), manual focus (to avoid focus changing while shooting on street), good sensor for better picture quality. Any brand/model suggestion ? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sony, Canon or Panasonic. They're all good. Go to BHPhotovideo.com where you can compare models based on features and price.

Once you've narrowed it down you can come back here and start a REAL argument.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Any specific model that fits my tight budget ($1000) and requirement ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    I'd stay away from the 3d model,...
    You mean the first Sony? What's the downside on that one?
    Last edited by budwzr; 3rd Jan 2014 at 10:10.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Seems not every model comes with manual focus.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by AAC View Post
    Seems not every model comes with manual focus.
    Yes, they all have manual focus.
    Quote Quote  
  7. from those cameras in that link, get this one, however it only records to external card card recording, but it has, by far, the best image stabilization of any consumer class camcorder (5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/910265-REG/panasonic_hc_x920k_hc_x920_3mos_ultrafine_full.html

for that price, it really is a great camera, here in australia they sell for $1300 and our dollar is near on parity with the american dollar, just shows how we in australia are being ripped off.
    Last edited by glenpinn; 13th Jan 2014 at 17:49.
    Quote Quote