VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Hello,
    Thanks for working on a solution to authoring with menues.
    Had vers 6 installed and could make vcd and svcd. Unzipped the new 7.7 into that directory. Now i only get the option of to authoring svcd. Can someone tell me how to get vcd option back.
    Quote Quote  
  2. TTooL said :
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>It was a bug in v0.6 r2 calling vcdxbuild, because i tested it with VCDImager 0.7.10, which has new options.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    I didn't find this version. Is it only for devellopers ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: M.W.I. Prod. on 2001-08-25 21:00:06 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Total succes !!!!!

Finaly am able to do what I wanted with VCDimager and TSCV with newest updates. Great work man I love the tool !!!

I'm sure there is still room for improvement on the GUI and the way it works but it really does what I want and in a quick and easy way.

One improvement suggestion: it isn't very logical that the Chapters tab is behind the Menu tab. I guess most people tend to work from left to right through the tabs, and there's no sense in creating a menu when you don't have any chapters, at least in most cases.

Otherwise: a big round of applause for TTOOL !!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is my first post here, as i'm trying to write a guide for VCDhelp on how to create a VCD with chapters, and first i'd like to say to TTool, great and amazing job on that program! i'm more then positive it made everyone who uses chapters, life much easier!

I Would like to report a tiny but, in the VolumeID on previous versions I could use the Underscore, and in the new 0.72b7 it won't let me use it (example: THE_CORRS)

I am also rather confused about using the MENU, I did figure out the chapters, but the MENU and STILLS still puzzle me, what do I do first ? Add Menu or Add MPEG ? if I Add Menu first, it asks for an MPEG or Image, which image type ? is this the background for the menu ?

When I add MPEG I need to double click it in order for the Chapters to be available, otherwise the "Import Chapters" doesn't work, and lastly, there is an option in the Chapters to make a chapter BMP, so i'm presuming that BMP is the file also for the Background, but why is the option grayed out ? what must I do to enable it ?

I Apologise for all the questions, this is my first time ever to create a VCD with chapters, and i've since i'm new to it I require a little step-by-step so i'll know what i'm supposed to be doing.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  5. First of all: Sorry that i cant reply to every post, because i have my own TSCV forum running and that keeps me busy enough
    Sefy? "A tiny but"???
    Yes i only allowed to put in A..Z, 1..9 but i will allow the _ in further versions.
    Yes then menus......
    Its a little confusing, because the menus implementation came after the chapters.
    If I make a menu, I add an mpeg, highlight it and go to the chapters-tab. Make my chapters and then go to the stills tab. Make my Motion-Menu, add sound to the menu and then close TSCV. Open it again. Add the menu, add the mpeg, add the chapters, click on the menu and set all refs to the chapters and then burn.
    Not a good way yet, but in v0.73 which is coming soon, the menuGenerator tells TSCV that there is a new menu, and adds it into the structure.
    You dont have to doubleclick on the mpeg to go to the chapters. You can do it, but you can simply select it and go to the menu-tab manually.
    The MakeBMP Button is enabled when the mpeg is selected and the MoviePlayer is enabled on the Settings-Tab.
    Sefy i hope that helps you.
    In my forum there are many newbies, and Sefy i think you know how difficult it is to write a guide that everybody understands. It seems that my guides are to difficult. So I told everybody who likes to write a guide for TSCV.
    They can send them to me, and I will put them online.
    Maybe guides from newbies are better to understand by newbies.
    I am currently working on rewriting some guides, but its difficult for the developer himself to write a guide, because for me TSCV is clear.
    I hope everybody understands what i want to tell

Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for all the help! i'll keep you posted, once I get the hang of it and all the steps needed to succefully make a VCD/SVCD with chapters, i'll start writing up the guide, and if you like, you can have it too, after all, it's your program

Oh I know how hard it is to write a guide, that last one took me nearly a week to go all over the programs, and i'll be adding more sections to it, which will be easier now, and i'll try to cover more programs as well!
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I released TSCV 0.72 rel 9.
    The MenuGenerator has many changes.
    You can make your Chapter-Menus as big as you want.
    Some other new features and BugFixes.
    And you can burn direct with CDRDAO.

Quote Quote