VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using a program called FlowFrames to do AI fps interpolation. However I have an issue for when I try and do it with DVD rips. I have attached a picture which helps explain this. Basically, when I input the video, it looks like Number 1 on the picture, but when it comes out, it looks like Number 2. Both times it has the same resolution (720 by 576) which I don't understand, how can the resolution be the same if the aspect ratio isn't?

Does anybody know how to stop this happening?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	demo.png
Views:	100
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	57683  

Quote Quote  
  2. No, the resolution is not the same as the aspect ratio. All PAL DVDs use a 720x576 frame (a 5:4 ratio) whether they are 4:3 or 16:9 display aspect ratio. Just tell the program your video is 16:9 DAR or 64:45 SAR (sample aspect ratio). Or tell it to change the frame size from 720x576 to 1024x576.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    No, the resolution is not the same as the aspect ratio. All PAL DVDs use a 720x576 frame (a 5:4 ratio) whether they are 4:3 or 16:9 display aspect ratio. Just tell the program your video is 16:9 DAR or 64:45 SAR (sample aspect ratio). Or tell it to change the frame size from 720x576 to 1024x576.
    Will that not affect the image quality though?

Is there any way to hard encode that in the video, as I don't want to have to faf about with stretching and cropping options every time I want to play a file, this issue doesn't happen with some video programs, I have no idea why it does with FlowFrames.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Remux your file with mkxtoolnix if mkv or clever Ffmpeg-GUI for mp4 and set the aspect ratio as you wish (16:9 or 4:3)
    Quote Quote