VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was going to get a dual layer burner however after seeing what the thieves want for the media I'm going to forget that idea.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dvd +r and dvd -r started off being very expensive. its competition that drives the prices down.

give it some time, and prices will soon be falling. in a couple of years or so, prices maybe around $1.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm waiting around 12 months, or when media is down under $5.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. $10 is CHEAP. Where did you get it for that much? Usually its $14 per disk for verbs. So where can I get it at $10?

Won't be getting much cheaper, cause 4x DL media is coming in january & Im sure it be $14 a disk too, just faster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by handyguy
    $10 is CHEAP. Where did you get it for that much? Usually its $14 per disk for verbs. So where can I get it at $10?

Won't be getting much cheaper, cause 4x DL media is coming in january & Im sure it be $14 a disk too, just faster.
    If I can get 9GB of data on one disk for $1.00, I think I'll convert as well.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by handyguy
    $10 is CHEAP. Where did you get it for that much? Usually its $14 per disk for verbs. So where can I get it at $10?

http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/dl-dvd-r-dual-layer-ritek-ridata.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well to me it looks like the price of DL media is getting lower each week, at least in Europe. Ritek DL media is now down to £3.98 incl. VAT @svp.co.uk (that's about $7).
    Quote Quote  
  8. With programs like DVD Shrink, why would you need dl media anyway? You can delete most of the junk and put what you like on a sl dvd-/+r for alot less than $10 not to mention 4.5 gigs of storage is more than enough for your average users applications. Don'tchathink?
    I am Jack's medulla oblongata
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by B2D327
    With programs like DVD Shrink, why would you need dl media anyway? You can delete most of the junk and put what you like on a sl dvd-/+r for alot less than $10 not to mention 4.5 gigs of storage is more than enough for your average users applications. Don'tchathink?
    Because they would make awesome data disks. I could store my raw video on them on half the disks it would take for DVD5 disks.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yeah but BluRay is coming, 23 gigs on one disk.

Remember when there were floppies?
    You thought they were better for storing.

Then came Cassettes.

Then came Zip disks.

Then came cds.

& so on
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by handyguy
    This is cheaper than Meritline with free shipping.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProduc...uctSKU=DL94912
    Still a few bugs in the system...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by handyguy
    Then came Cassettes.
    I had cassette based storage. I never thought it was better. It just was.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm going to wait til DL discs are <$2 before I buy a DL writer.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by handyguy
    Yeah but BluRay is coming, 23 gigs on one disk.
    yeah and what's your point? at what point in the history hadn't have "something better" up on the horizon? you end up waiting until when?
    Quote Quote