VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking to buy a dvd burner 300 or less, any suggestion which is the best one?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are going to get 30 different answers. Which is best, well I would get a dual format if at all possible. Brand, 300.00 or less, that rules out Sony, Pioneer A06 I have and it does great, TDK has a dual format under your price as well. There are other brands popping up in the stores as well. In the end its a matter of personal choice, price-brand-capabilities. The single format units can be had for less than 200.00. Have you read any comments under the DVD Writers section to the left? Start there, okay!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Assuming you're talking $300 US, you'd be really hard pressed to find a DVD burner for over $300. The two dual format burners that most people seem to have are the Pioneer 106, and the Sony. Sony has come out with 3 or 4 different versions of a basically identical drive, and I didn't bother to find out what the differences were. Both can be had for just over $200, and do an excellent job. If you've got $300 and you're looking for speed, you may want to wait for the new 8x DVD burners to come out. It will only save you 7 or 8 minutes per disk as opposed to a 4x burner, so that is really up to you. But yeah, I'd either go with the pioneer or the sony. I imagine that over half of the people on this website have a burner by one of those two manufacturers. Haven't heard too many complaints either way.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The Lite-on LDW-400D DVD+/-R drive goes for ~$250 mail order. I got my Pioneer A05 (Cendyne OEM) for $170 after rebates at office max. Burners are cheap really...
    Quote Quote