VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I've just downloaded MPV player few days ago. I've been able to configure many keyboard shortcuts the way I want, but I canīt configure how to play next video file when I've seen the previous one. I tried with many lua scripts, but no results. Could someone explain to this beginner how to do that, please? I'm using Windows 10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Drop all of them onto that player GUI, it creates playlist and files play one after another. Make sure after selecting those files, your mouse grabs the first one.
    This is very handy for camcorder files because gap between videos is almost non existent so there is no need to physically join them for viewing.

To wait and starting another file manually, you can put reset-on-next-file=pause into config script
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am PLEABS
    Search Comp PM
    run cmd
    set your directory to MPV directory
    Code:
    mpv --autofit=81% "movie1.avi" "movie2.mkv" "movie3.mp4"
    playing file via cmd will give you information about the file you play (delay, dropped frame, etc)
    --autofit=81% is option, you can put as many option as you want, see documentation for more details

if you want to append more when the file already playing, Drag the new movie file to player window and drop it while holding "shift"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is there any way to play next files without creating a playlist?
    On MPC-HC (CCCP installation) I can do that pressing PageUp/Down, and also navigate through the video chapters with the same keys. Could I do the same on mpv or in a similar manner?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Put the file in the scripts folder after unzipping
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hisaishi; 9th Nov 2018 at 05:13.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks, but unfortunately, there's no scripts folder on Windows version.
    Where have I to create it?
    On "AppData/Roaming/mpv" or in the mpv installation folder (portable version)?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    In the mpv installation folder (portable version)

[Attachment 47138 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  8. Still doesn't working.
    Is it necessary run the .bat installer in order to use .lua scripts, or is not related? I haven't run it yet.
    And I didn't define any keybinding to the script. Could it be the problem? Anyway, the script seems not be working:
    Image Attached Images    
    Last edited by Noctis001; 9th Nov 2018 at 17:37.
    Quote Quote  
  9. for windows, put that script folder inside of portable_config folder, just create one in that main mpv folder

So inside of that portable_config you will have that script folder with lua scripts ,having there lower case "s" there, not sure if it is important.
    Also inside of that portable_config folder you can have input.conf and mpv.conf, for example I have
    Code:
    keep-open
    in mpv.conf , and inside of input.conf I have:

Code:
    > frame-step ; show-text "Frame: ${estimated-frame-number} / ${estimated-frame-count}"
    < frame-back-step ; show-text "Frame: ${estimated-frame-number} / ${estimated-frame-count}"
    RIGHT frame-step ; show-text "Frame: ${estimated-frame-number} / ${estimated-frame-count} ${time-pos}"
    LEFT frame-back-step ; show-text "Frame: ${estimated-frame-number} / ${estimated-frame-count}"
    KP0      cycle-values video-rotate 90 180 270 0
    KP1      add video-zoom  -0.2
    KP2      add video-pan-y -0.01
    KP3      add video-zoom   0.2
    KP4      add video-pan-x  0.01
    KP5      set video-zoom 0 ; set video-pan-x 0 ; set video-pan-y 0 ; show-text "Reset zoom/pan"
    KP6      add video-pan-x -0.01
    KP7      add video-zoom  -0.05
    KP8      add video-pan-y  0.01
    KP9 add video-zoom 0.05
    which consists of manual zooming using numeric part of keyboard and reading number of frame paused using SHIFT + "<" or ">" on keyboard. Frame stepping without those frame numbers shown is without SHIFT
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    It should work without needing to associate the files. It works perfectly for me, even disassociating the files from Windows 10 and uninstalling the .bat. It is not necessary either to define any keybinding for the script. It also works by doing what _Al_ says but it should not be necessary.

[Attachment 47147 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  11. Problem still occurs on both configurations.
    Also, just in case, here is the log file: DELETED
    Last edited by Noctis001; 11th Nov 2018 at 12:02.
    Quote Quote  
  12. my player is from here, https://www.videohelp.com/software/mpv-media-player , portable windows 64bit version,
    maybe it gets forked by different people, not sure, there is all kinds of versions on github etc.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ok, I think I've solved it. I moved the folder to other location, because the previous had a no ASCII characters (an accent) in the route. I've moved... et voilā! The script is working.

Thanks to all for your help.
    Last edited by Noctis001; 11th Nov 2018 at 16:19.
    Quote Quote