VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.

I am trying to download and decrypt DRM-protected live streaming video.

I got the Widevine Key and thought I had successfully decrypted the downloaded video file, but the video actually didn't play properly.

Specifically, when I play a decrypted video on VLC, I see the video after 5 seconds, but the video stays still (the seek bar is working).

Is the video not playing properly because I only download part of the live stream? Or is there another cause?

If you know anything, please let me know, even if it is a trivial matter.

The details of the streaming site are below.

- Live Streaming Sites

- Procedure
    1. Download init.mp4 from live streaming site
    2. Download the live stream from the M3U8 link (about 5 segments)
    3. Merge init.mp4 with 5 segments of m4s file using the type command
      Code:
      type init.mp4 1248461.m4s 1248462.m4s 1248463.m4s 1248464.m4s 1248465.m4s > enc.mp4
    4. Using mp4decrypt, enter Widevine Key to decrypt enc.mp4.
    5. Decrypted video file (dec.mp4) does not play correctly. =>https://streamable.com/aldo01

This site is a playlist in M3U8 format (not MPD format) but is encrypted with Widevine.

It's a bit of a unique delivery method, but the overall process is the same as for a typical DRM-protected site.

Please help me download and decrypt this live streaming video to play properly.

Thank you and best regards,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by ryobin View Post
    Hi.

I am trying to download and decrypt DRM-protected live streaming video.

I got the Widevine Key and thought I had successfully decrypted the downloaded video file, but the video actually didn't play properly.

Specifically, when I play a decrypted video on VLC, I see the video after 5 seconds, but the video stays still (the seek bar is working).

Is the video not playing properly because I only download part of the live stream? Or is there another cause?

If you know anything, please let me know, even if it is a trivial matter.

The details of the streaming site are below.

- Live Streaming Sites

- Procedure
    1. Download init.mp4 from live streaming site
    2. Download the live stream from the M3U8 link (about 5 segments)
    3. Merge init.mp4 with 5 segments of m4s file using the type command
      Code:
      type init.mp4 1248461.m4s 1248462.m4s 1248463.m4s 1248464.m4s 1248465.m4s > enc.mp4
    4. Using mp4decrypt, enter Widevine Key to decrypt enc.mp4.
    5. Decrypted video file (dec.mp4) does not play correctly. =>https://streamable.com/aldo01

This site is a playlist in M3U8 format (not MPD format) but is encrypted with Widevine.

It's a bit of a unique delivery method, but the overall process is the same as for a typical DRM-protected site.

Please help me download and decrypt this live streaming video to play properly.

Thank you and best regards,
    You need to download video and audio separately
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you try hlsdl?
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  4. It seems that audio and video are not separated on this site.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After reviewing the post, I tried using hlsdl.

I could combine multiple segment files into a single TS file, but it still doesn't play well.

Code:
    hlsdl https://smsalive1.akamaized.net/6aa87dd793bd4568a277df93fc815afd/ap-northeast-1/6160987583001/profile_0/chunklist_wv.m3u8
    Did you suggest using the -K option for simultaneous download and decryption?

I would appreciate it if you could tell me the detailed procedure.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't know how to use hlsdl to download widevine protected stream video.

The difference from the usual case is as follows.
    • that live streaming is ongoing
    • M3U8 format, not MPD
    • No separation between video and audio
    Quote Quote  
  6. yes my bad i thought hlsdl might work but it doesnt so i had to write some code and finally got it working. it was just like dsnp.

https://siasky.net/AACgYK34aqgrbGBazkJqint4U8G-_pOQLZeB6hKoawSdBA

binary merging is also working btw
    Last edited by notaghost; 9th Aug 2022 at 07:35.
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi.

Your reply gave me a hint to solve this problem. Thank you.

I was under the impression that VLC was an almighty video player, so when I couldn't play the video, I thought I had failed at decryption.

However, since you shared the link, I have learned that decrypted video files can be played correctly in Chrome.

The issue was probably caused by downloading some of the live streaming.

I tried opening a decrypted video file (dec.mp4) in Chrome and it played as if nothing had happened.

Therefore, I will mark this post as resolved.

Thank you for your help!
    Quote Quote