VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys,

Do you know the best scripts or fliters for doing color correction?

The problem with virtualdub and avisynth is that There are no list of scripts or filters and its functions, so that unprofessional or newbie users like me can pick.

Please help me. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is no 'best' filter for color correction, it alwas depends on the exact problem and the knowledge and preferences of the user.
    Somtimes one wants to limit the color range, one times one wants to change the whole color appearance,... basically any of the common color modifiying filter is 'best' suited for something.
    -> Only http://avisynth.nl/index.php/GreyScale is the best color correction filter it removes any color and thus any color issue.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi!

You may try "6-axis Color Correction " plugin which comes with VirtualDub2 (unfortunatly it doesn't work with VirtualDub version 1.x)

Here is what it looks like :

[Attachment 64003 - Click to enlarge]

I used it once and found it gave me good results.

Best regards
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you are looking for "automatic" color correction, there really isn't anything that can do that. The reason is that, unless you are trying to match known colors from a color chart, there is no "right" answer for what color is correct.

For VirtualDub you can use Colormill. Most NLE (Non-Linear Editor) programs have excellent color plugins.

With any of these you will have to adjust the color manually, often scene-by-scene.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What is the color problem which you want to correct? Tint? Intensity? Washed out look ? Color bleeding? What do you want to achieve?
    What is the source? Captured VHS, DV, DVD ...?
    The tool depends much on the actual problem which one wants to correct. When you post a sample or provide more info you may receive more tangible advice.
    Quote Quote