VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to create a SVDC from a DV-avi with TMPGen. The video is fine but the sound is way to low and has an lot of hiss and crackle. I think is has somthing to do with the fact that the captured avi has a 48 Khz soundstream (standard DV i guess). I'v tried to lower the samplefreq. to 44 Khz but that didn't work.

What am i doing wrong? Is it even possible to convert a DV-avi to a (s)vcd mpeg-file?

Thnx
    Eric
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ik doe hetzelfde als jij maar heb er geen enkel probleem mee. Capture DV in standaard DV-formaat en daarna omzetten naar MPEG2 via TMPGenc. Ik kies voor SVCD-template en laat de audio ongewijzigd (check voor de zekerheid of het op 224kbps staat ingesteld). Wel kies ik voor Automatic VBR_CQ en zet de quality op 75%. Beeldformaat 16:9 Pal. Branden met Nero 5.5 SVCD-optie (geen menu maken). Het resultaat mag met recht SUPER VCD heten. Ik hoop dat het jou ook lukt. Succes. Arjan.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    't ziet er simpel uit. Ik ga het proberen....

bedankt
    Quote Quote  
  4. 't duurt trouwens wel heel lang hoor. Op mijn PC (Athlon 500 / 256mb intern) duurt 1 uur DV naar MPEG2 comprimeren toch zeker 2,5 uur.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Damn Im not sure what he said but, if you use tmpge under the advanced tab under settings, double click on the audio settings (last box on the bottom) when in click play to judge the loudness of the audio since it could be alot louder because your speakers might be up higher than your tv. Then click normalize on the bottom lect and set it anywhere from 75 to 100 and then click ok. and it will go through your whole movie and listen to it in real time. and if that is to long just change the volume to 250 to 300 and check the checkbox next to it and click ok.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hi shochan,

It's not the volume that's to low but the (I don't know the right word) pitch. My new born son has the voice of Barry White..... The video and sound are perfectly in sync.
    The avi-file play's just fine.

Thanx anyway for your post.

Eric
    Quote Quote