VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear forum members

I have a wish to download some youtube videos such as the one below

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=CO16+25

When watching this video on youtube one can "turn on" subtitles.

However when I downloaded the file using youtube downloader hd, the subtitles did not seem to be present at all.

Please can anyone advise whether it is possible to get the subtitles as well as the video to watch offline with subtitles .

Best wishes and thanks
    Ian
    ian c
    Quote Quote  
  2. youtube-dl --all-subs [url_to_youtube_video]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Dear Sir
    Thank you for kindly advising: I have downloaded it and shall have a go. I am not very well used to command line programs
    If there is a different one that downloads subs also i would be grateful to know it please.
    Best wishes
    Ian
    ian c
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kasfig View Post
    Dear Sir
    Thank you for kindly advising: I have downloaded it and shall have a go. I am not very well used to command line programs
    If there is a different one that downloads subs also i would be grateful to know it please.
    Best wishes
    Ian
    Honestly, Youtube-dl is the best thing for downloading from YouTube.

I'll make it a bit more easier for you.

In command prompt you'll want something like this;

Code:
    C:\youtube-dl-2016.09.19.exe --all-subs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdnwXiwnDaM
    That is basically the location to the executable of youtube-dl along with the parametres to download the subtitles and then the URL of the youtube video. Press Enter and it should do the job.
    Quote Quote