VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    When trying to enable RAPID mode in Samsung Magician version 6.2.0 the message "Fatal error occurred during last RAPID mode enable cycle. Please reboot and try to enable." but rebooting does not help. Any ideas what might be the problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It might be useful if you would tell a bit more about the hardware involved.

I just found this, though I have no idea whether it's relevant:
    https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/computers-it/rapid-mode-on-860-evo-ssd-problem-sam...1/td-p/1636694

This one gives similar advice:
    https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/computers-it/after-uninstall-rapid-mode-unable-to-...10/td-p/684679

I have Magician 6.2 running on four computers. Three are Win 7 machines, and the SATA drives are an 840 Pro (256gb), and two 860 EVOs (250gb and 500gb). The fourth is a Win 10 machine with a PCIe 870 EVO Plus (500gb), which doesn't support the RAPID function.

I've updated Magician on the 840 Pro several times. Putting 6.2 on the other three were first-time installs.

The only one on which I've had any type of problem with Magician whatsoever is the 840 Pro: When I first tried to update from 6.1 to 6.2, I got an error message that said, "This drive is not supported". I was inclined to believe this prima facie, but then I went back to the Samsung website and found it wasn't the case.

The solution was to uninstall it, reboot the machine, and reinstall it. You might want to try this.

If it doesn't work, there's also a pretty verbose log on my machines in C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Log. You might check to see if you have an analogous file. It might give you a tip as to what the problem is.

I hope this helps.

To put my reply in a type of perspective, I'm a retired English teacher and not at all a computer wizard.

Good luck.
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote