VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I want to use TV OUT on my PC's videocard to look at videofiles and DVDs on the TV set.

I get the video on the TV's screen, but everything looks very fuzzy... it's hard to describe, but videofiles (or DVDs), doesn't look right at all on the TV, they look more blurry than being played from a standalone DVD player, also they have ugly horizontal lines, etc...

What am i doing wrong now?
    Should i use some certain software for this? (viewing videofiles/DVDs thru TV OUT).
    Quote Quote  
  2. First of all, what video card do you have and what type of connector are you using to go out to the TV?

my initial reaction is to tell you to make sure that you have the latest software and drivers for your particular card, then to make sure that you have a good connection between your card and the TV. If you have another cable you can try, do so, I have seen bad cables cause problems like the one you describe.

As to your question about whether or not some type of software might help, again, this depends on what type of card you have. TVTool is good for nVidia cards. I like Zoom Player or BSPlayer for playback, especially if you are using a TV out.

Keep in mind, however, that very few TV outs on video cards can equal those on a standalone unit. First of all, the video out converters that are on most video cards are considered substandard when compared to those on standalone units. Also, the video cards are exposed to alot more RF radiation, due to the high-power components in a modern PC and the minimal use of electronic shielding. Also, cable lengths going from a PC to the TV tend to be longer than those running from a set-top box to the TV, and that is always a factor.

Hope this helps,

Prospero
    Quote Quote