VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to convert video to avi and every time I do the current software (ANY SOFT CONVEER) the result is that the video comes out fuzzy / out of focus can anyone suggest a program that will conver to avi without loss of quality?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by geminidreamer View Post
    I am trying to convert video to avi and every time I do the current software (ANY SOFT CONVEER) the result is that the video comes out fuzzy / out of focus can anyone suggest a program that will conver to avi without loss of quality?
    Why did you choose the AVI container format? It is not so tolerant like the MKV. What are your source files? Which compressor do you use? For H264 compressor, the best solution for lossless cut/trimm videos is Smart Cutter https://www.fame-ring.com/smart_cutter.html

If you want to simply change the container format to avi in a losssless quality way, I suggest Hybrid or Xmedia Recode, but non of them were created for video editing.
    Last edited by Abdler; 21st Nov 2019 at 12:59.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am kinda a beginner, but the AVI is what was suggested, and also acceptable in Movie make.
    Not sue if MKV is accepted at this time, maybe another Video movie editor/creator.
    I am looking for two items:
    1- need to download in high quality some Christmas video
    2- need to convert these videos in movie Maker to create 1 long presentation
    The YouTube videos are Vevo, and the quality there is 100% good.

So far in the conversion pgms. I have, the end video is out of focus

Please help and advise if you are able.
    Thanks
    Rick

So I need to down load from Utube then convert these to an acceptable version for Movie Maker

Thanks
    2 Rick
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by geminidreamer View Post
    I am kinda a beginner, but the AVI is what was suggested, and also acceptable in Movie make.
    Not sue if MKV is accepted at this time, maybe another Video movie editor/creator.
    I am looking for two items:
    1- need to download in high quality some Christmas video
    2- need to convert these videos in movie Maker to create 1 long presentation
    The YouTube videos are Vevo, and the quality there is 100% good.

So far in the conversion pgms. I have, the end video is out of focus

Please help and advise if you are able.
    Thanks
    Rick

So I need to down load from Utube then convert these to an acceptable version for Movie Maker

Thanks
    2 Rick
    It is sharp and in focus when you download it but out of focus after you convert? Can you put up one of the youtube links this happened with.
    You have to convert it in movie maker is it?

I don't have movie maker, can you join them?
    Quote Quote