VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If I use ffmpeg in window os and encode the video into the Prores 422 HQ codec,
    is there a problem with editing and playback within the NLE(like Adobe PP,AE)?

I heard that there is a problem with editing and playback because it is not the official codec of Apple.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jsj2251 View Post
    If I use ffmpeg in window os and encode the video into the Prores 422 HQ codec,

I heard that there is a problem with editing and playback because it is not the official codec of Apple.

In the past, yes ffmpeg prores was a problem, but the situation seems far more stable now. Very unlikely to have a problem.

(The quality is actually higher in ffmpeg prores, than certified apple prores when you plot bitrates and measure "quality" like PSNR)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by jsj2251 View Post
    If I use ffmpeg in window os and encode the video into the Prores 422 HQ codec,

In the past, yes ffmpeg prores was a problem, but the situation seems far more stable now. Very unlikely to have a problem.

(The quality is actually higher in ffmpeg prores, than certified apple prores when you plot bitrates and measure "quality" like PSNR)
    thanks!! I'll have to try it!
    Quote Quote