VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    i hope someone can help me with this, yesterday a thief came into my shop and stole 3 helmets and my shoes, i have a video of this guy, but there is an error in the avi file, it looks like the first keyframe is missing, i hope someone can help me with this and fix the file for me so i can give it to the police.
    Image Attached Files
    • File Type: avi 1.avi (787.5 KB, 24 views)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is this the complete original file? Or did you break it when trying to cut down to 15 seconds?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    no this is the original file. can see the face in the first 5 seconds when rewind with VLC but keyframe is missing i guess, thats why the first 5 seconds stay black when play back.
    the movement is there, but no background.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    yeah i guess so. thanx anyways.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok...this is weird...I just opened that first file (1.avi) and it played fine in Media Player Classic...looked like a little bit of a glitch, but the video played. Then I tried to open it again and nothing. On a third attempt, it opened and played fine again. I've NEVER had that happen with video. The data does appear to be there, so as this is an AVI, I might use a program like "Virtual Dub" and just open the file and re-render/re-save it (with a new file name of course).

That said, in that first video, I never saw the perpetrators face...they just looked bent over in front of the camera there (well, between the camera and the car) and you can't really see what this person is doing (like taking anything), so I don't really know if fixing the vid is really going to help you much at all. Sorry. Here's a screen cap if it helps you...maybe you can see enough of the person to actually recognize them. Good luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	40979
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks mate, but the face is in the first 5 seconds, its funny, because i have hundreds of surveillance videos and exactly this one in corrupted somehow.
    sucks bigtime!.
    Quote Quote