VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I have a Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD Recorder that appears to be stuck in "Set Code 2" mode for the "Remote Control Code" option. Because of this, I cannot get any universal or replacement remotes to work with this model DVD player even though they all advertise compatibility.

I've already tried the "hold button 2 + Enter/OK" trick mentioned everywhere online to change the remotes to match the player's "Set Code 2" setting. The manual states that the factory default setting is "Set Code 1", however when I press and hold the "Channel UP + DOWN" buttons on the front of the device to factory reset it, I can still only get the device to display "SET 2" when attempting to use any remotes on it.

Is there a way to force this "Remote Control Code" setting back to "1" without a functioning remote? This setting can apparently only be configured from within the setup menu, requiring a remote. If not, is there a way to force a universal remote to use this "Set Code 2" option for the Panasonic? My replacement generic remotes (models EUR7659Y10 & EUR7659YKO) aren't accepting the command to change their remote control code option to 2 either. Any direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not open another thread on a subject you already posted about,continue here,your thread is closed.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/397972-Panasonic-DMR-ES15-DVD-Recorder-Remote-Cont...ol-Programming
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.