VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why when I click record and then clcik stop in Open Broadcaster Software that when I play that recording back it displays no video and the only audio is a loud static noise.

I see the video counter numbers increase while recording so I know it's recording and the file on the hard drive for that recording is fairly large.

I Googled for an answer but videos I find appear so tiny when I view them.

I've enlarged the screen doing Ctrl + but that just makes the screen larger and the video blurry.

I surmise the content creator and/or YouTube applies some kind of compression software to compress the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjEWAJ3d-jw

Any idea how to enlarge what you see IN the video?

Thank you so much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Download videos locally to HDD - 1920x1080 should be OK when watched.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why when I click record and then clcik stop in Open Broadcaster Software that when I play that recording back it displays no video and the only audio is a loud static noise.
    For the video, set up two sources: a "display capture" and a "game capture," where the latter is set to "capture any fullscreen application." Place the game capture above the display capture in the source list. Start recording: your desktop is captured. When an application (game, video player) goes full screen it cannot be captured as "desktop" but it will now be recorded by the "game" source, after a short switching delay.

For the audio, you need to add an "audio input" source, set to "stereo mix" (the name can vary - it's also known as "what u hear"). Whatever source you have now is wrong - mute it.

Hopefully this quick description will give you enough to get started. Google a term and you'll likely find a tutorial on it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi raffriff42,

How do I do waht tyour suggesting using Firefox's add-on downloader?

In OBS, when I click record I get no video and only a loud buzzing sound.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You asked about OBS and that's the question I answered.
    Quote Quote  
  6. This is really confusing...I am a newbie here. I have seen some brilliant questions here. Hope I will get answers for all my doubts regarding video uploading, editing etc.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjEWAJ3d-jw

Any idea how to enlarge what you see IN the video?
    Click on the gear tool and select Quality -> 1080p, or 720p. Then go full screen.
    Quote Quote