VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just recorded a show that ended up being around 2.8 gig after it's all said and done. But the thing is that I can't burn it on my DVD+RW 's i just picked up so I can watch them on my dvd player. Nero gives me some error that it's too big. When I try and drag the file to the cd rom drive (like you do with regular cd-rw's) then write the data like that, it doesn't work either. Anyone got any suggestions?

Is there a big difference between DVD+RW and DVD-RW? Is that the problem?
    Thanks
    D
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by dch1028
    When I try and drag the file to the cd rom drive (like you do with regular cd-rw's) then write the data like that, it doesn't work either. Anyone got any suggestions?
    Just to check.You do have a DVD Writer and not just a CD Writer?

I ask because from what you posted it sounds like your trying to burn to DVD Media with a CD Writer.
    ~Luke~
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dude, with all due respect.....C'MON. Of course, I have a DVD burner, NEC DVD RW ND-3550A to be precise. Would a DVD-RW work better with what I'm trying to do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    2.8 GB is too big for ISO file system. Try UDF instead, or ISO/UDF.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried UDF and it gives me an error everytime at 34% it stops and says that it cannot read file. The file is on a slave drive does that have anything to do with it? I'm just thinking of all the possibilities of why this is happening. Now, I tried to use the POS software that came with my WINFAST TV2000 XP XPERT the ulead dvd burner software and it goes 100% and then just doesn't complete ever, the count down just keeps going and going.
    Thanks for you help
    - D
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by dch1028
    dude, with all due respect.....C'MON. Of course, I have a DVD burner, NEC DVD RW ND-3550A to be precise. Would a DVD-RW work better with what I'm trying to do?
    Sorry,but thats why I wrote "Just to check" to try not to offend you.It was the way in which you worded part of your post.I dont know how intelligent you are and there ARE people out there that dont have a clue.

Forgive me?

Once again sorry and I really dont know how to help you on this issue.
    ~Luke~
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I gots it all figured out finally. I took some experimenting, but it's all good now. Thanks all for the help, or attempts made. If the show that I want to record is an hour long then I make it a DVD encoding and split it up into 2 parts and then it burns just fine as a regular iso disc. Now, if i could only figure out how to convert my DVD-mpeg files into xvid without it looking sluggish on my home DVD player.... Thanks again guys.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Luke,
    I know you didn't mean to offend me, but I was getting pissed that I bought this and I was running out of options for it to work and now that I finally got a good handle on it I'm cool now. Sorry for acting up. Later
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dch1028
    how to convert my DVD-mpeg files into xvid
    There are 2 contenders here: AutoGK, that most seem to prefer, and avi.net. The output is as good as it gets, and they can't be much easier to use.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by dch1028
    Luke,
    I know you didn't mean to offend me, but I was getting pissed that I bought this and I was running out of options for it to work and now that I finally got a good handle on it I'm cool now. Sorry for acting up. Later
    Cool that things are going OK!

Btw,I dont do much of this but VirtualDub MPEG-2 can import MPG's and save to XviD with MP3 or AC3 audio.I find doing it this way very easy.

Of course regarding the tools already mentioned,most people prefer them,so the choice is yours.
    ~Luke~
    Quote Quote