VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have hd movie files with avc video and an audio track where mpc-hc says it is lpcm. ffmpeg says it is bluray_pcm.
    When playing this video i am just hearing a noise/ a swoosh. I already tried all (converting with eac3to previously, many players like vlc, pdvd, wmp-hc...), but the result is the same: No audio - just swoosh instead.

I have now the strong suspicion, that the audio track is wrong labeled. Or whatever it is to be called. The producer of the movie itself suspects it is DTS instead of pcm. Has someone any idea to this. To come to my question now: Is there a way to change this wrong label or tag? I have tried to use ffmpeg with the atag option. I am not sure whether this is the right thing, but anyway it didn't work! ffmpeg is really buggy in some usecases!! was atag ever tested,used? Either ffmpeg ignores this option or it behaves really strange (repeating the processing 5 times - asking me to override 4 times) and finally producing an empty result file.

Would be glad if someone could help. Is there another tool that could be used?

Ijaja
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    hd movie file? What container? mkv?
    Quote Quote  
  3. yes this is hd video 1080p, as i told h264! It is an mp4 container.
    Quote Quote