VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    got a quite complicated problem here. I have several SVCDs which I encoded from edited DV material (bottom field first). Now I want to create a new DVD with material from these SVCDs, but first edit it in Premiere to add some effects and stuff. Therefore I converted them (or just one for testing) back to DV (Panasonic codec) with Virtualdub-MPEG2. The DV standard for PAL requires 720x576, so I had to enlarge the source, which was 480x576. Doing this without deinterlacing got me effects like with wrong field order, but much worse. With deinterlacing, the effects are very small, but still there. After encoding the DV avi back to mpeg2 with CCE (for DVD, thus without need to resize again), on TV the effects are still there.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much I tried swapping fields with a vdub filter, but without getting better results. I guess the field order should be right anyway if i don't change anything during the conversions?

Has anyone an idea how to get this right? There's no other way than converting the SVCD back to DV if i want to edit the video in Adobe Premiere, right? Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    resizing from 480x576 to 720x576 shouldn't give an issues, you're just changin horizontal resolution not vertical. check exactly what resize settings you're using in Vdub...
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok thanks, bilinear resizing without deinterlacing in vdub seems to work. just needed to change the field order in cce again
    Quote Quote