VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After trying to follow the tutorial SVCD to DVD and searching the forums for a solution I am desperate.

I demuxed an SVCD-file in TMPEG (there is no difference between a burned SVCD and a regular one I take it?! The tutorial makes me believe the author uses a burned file).

I converted the sound to 48 khz in ssrc (is there a difference between what bitrate I use - my file is 128, the author uses 224).

I changed the .mp2 to .mpa.

I patched the header with DVD Patcher.

I added the m2v-file in SpruceUp and it loads the whole file, and here comes the problem: When the whole file is loaded I get an error message saying there is something wrong with the mpa-file. I did it several times and I also tried the whole process over again.
    Sweet.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What does spruceup exactly say? YOu could try reencode the audio with besweet.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It said "media error (some long series of figures and letters, looks like a memory reference) in XXX.mpa." or something similar. I tried to use toolame now and all that happened now is that at the end of spruceup's importing of the file, it said the last frame was incorrect, but that I could move on w/o it.
    Sweet.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I also often receives the last frame error. But it works fine anyway. I never received the other error you mention, it sounds like it is not mpeg audio.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is the same file, so it should be mpg-audio. Hopefully I ll be able to share my experience soon, since this is the first time I author dvd from svcd. Btw: why do so many people think it is such a hassle doing it - it doesn't seem to be that big of a work load when u know how to do it?!
    Sweet.
    Quote Quote