VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like your style, Tomlee!!! I definately am an impatient cheapskate as well.

You know, I actually tried inputting the ac3 audio track into ffmpegx, using the "encode movie audio to MP2 setting, but it simply gave me the "ding" sound immediately, saying that the file was finished. Of course, there was a MP2 file with a size of zero KB that was produced. I'll be sure to try it again on my next DVD - perhaps it was just this one. Or, should I have chosen a different preset perhaps? Probably just a fluke. Ffmpegx certainly recognized the input file type as ac3 audio.

Good to know that MP2 sounds passable at 128kbps as well. As a footnote, I probably could have just kept the original ac3 audio track; there were like 4 or 5 different ac3 audio tracks for different languages and such that were making the file large. The size of the one ac3 track was like 275MB, and the MP2 encoding did reduce it to about 140MB. I suppose I could have kept all of the other languages, but I don't know how you'd be able to choose between them on the DVD as there would be no menu on the "title only" extraction. No big deal, though - I don't need multiple languages or tracks. Thanks again!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To convert ac3 to mp2 with ffmpegX, do not use the Movie audio to mp2 preset, but use the Audio file to mp2 preset instead.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Case is truly the man. I hope that Major pays him or something.
    Quote Quote